hyper x Cloud 2 sound signature
Feb 3, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #16 of 20
Well, that is just extremely disappointing. I will file that away for future use. the M50X is a good, v-shaped headphone which is exciting and fun. It is not as neutral as the Hyper X Cloud/HSR-1000. If you want to look at something else I would recommend the SoundMAGIC HP150, which sounds excellent and is also fairly popular. If you want to spend a tad more, there is the AKG K553 Pro--very well made. And then there's the Samson Z55, which doesn't have the longest track record as of yet, but you could read about it and see what you think. It is getting some good reviews. Those are a few thoughts. Sorry your headphone fell apart. --(

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #18 of 20
The M50x is fun to listen to, but it isn't nearly as comfortable as the Cloud II. When I use my M50x, I have to frequently shift the ear cups around because my ears feel scratchy. The Cloud II, on the other hand, I can use them for 3+ hours of straight gaming without any discomfort.

Feb 4, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #19 of 20
serman the one that i purchased and came broken where the hp150´:/ the akg 553 aren't available in europe

I think closed cans are preferable since they offer some kind of isolation and sound leakage must be almost non existent

Hmm, i think the cloud II comfort is just excellent since everytime i sit down my instinct is to put them on whether or not i will listen to something, the pads never overheat, cupsize, the pressure is just perfect, since you have experienced them, what would you suggest as an upgrade?

The new updated revolver version is still coming out supposedly with an actual dolby 7.1, wonder what the reviews will say.
Not sure if worth the wait, the left speaker is sometimes a bit "grainny" ever since my friend tested them...

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #20 of 20
  serman the one that i purchased and came broken where the hp150´:/ the akg 553 aren't available in europe

I think closed cans are preferable since they offer some kind of isolation and sound leakage must be almost non existent

Hmm, i think the cloud II comfort is just excellent since everytime i sit down my instinct is to put them on whether or not i will listen to something, the pads never overheat, cupsize, the pressure is just perfect, since you have experienced them, what would you suggest as an upgrade?

The new updated revolver version is still coming out supposedly with an actual dolby 7.1, wonder what the reviews will say.
Not sure if worth the wait, the left speaker is sometimes a bit "grainny" ever since my friend tested them...

There is another AKG--the K550. It could work for you potentially. It is neutral like the Cloud and well made. The other one you could consider is the M50X. It's V-shaped, but well-made. It's not going to fall apart on you. If you can stretch your budget, I would steer you to the NAD HP50. It is awesome for the money. Really neutral. Comfortable, in my opinion. A great option. I guess lastly, there is the 598CS, which I am personally not crazy about. I think the open 598 is better. But it's something for you to read about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back