Hyla Audio TE-5B & TE-5T Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #32 of 218
Can we do a control test with like the same cables?

I think most of us will probably not use ce5 with the stock.

I think the new pw cable affects the signature of te5b and te5t.

I will probably go and retest all them again with the same cable.

I actually felt te5b to be faster with the new cable compared to ce 5 with stock.
Yes, I will compare them side by side with both the stock cable and the PW cable.

Feb 13, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #33 of 218
Hyla TE5T + EA Horus +SP1000CU: Pure Bliss! The speed, transients OMG!!:ksc75smile:
20190213_155907.jpg

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #35 of 218
Going to ask again (and a couple hundred more times if needed)...where can I order these? :) Where did you guys order them from?

-Collin-

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #36 of 218
Nobody knows

Feb 20, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #37 of 218
You have to order them via their authorized dealers. I had purchased mine from Zepellin & co. Singapore while on vacation. Check their FB page. They dont have a website yet. Its better to contact them via FB messenger.

Feb 20, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #38 of 218
Feb 20, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #39 of 218
Feb 20, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #40 of 218
Feb 25, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #41 of 218
I have put some quality time on TE5T and for me this is the one.
The tri hybrid topology execution is near perfect.

Early impressions:
Setup : AK SP1000CU + EA Horus + HYLA TE5T + Spinfit CP155 Medium.
DAC, cable pairing and tip rolling are very tricky and matters a lot imo.

1. The piezoelectric ceramic driver is the star of the show for me. The estat like speed and blazing fast transients and super extended treble just ecalates the level of enjoyment to another level. I have never heard this type of trebles in my life from an iem(Still not heard kse1200/1500, noble khan)..
The level of articulation and coherency is simply amazing. They never creep into harsh territory. This treble response creates an airy presentation of the instruments with superb transparency. The sound erupts from a super dark background.. its a treat for ears... soundstage is not as wide as Solaris/u18t but that doesnot matter imho ... these flagship just cannot keep pace with te5t...the texture of violins, cymbal crashes, trumpet etc. is simply jaw droppping.. if one listens to female vocal jazz, acoustics or classical... leave all iems and get HYLA TE5T. Period.

2. Second is the balanced armatures - mids are perfectly centred in the stage without being recessed or forward..
It splits multiple vocalist with finesse...
The tonality, instrument timbre and the transition of upper mids to lower trebles especially on female vocals is mesmerizing. Male vocals have enough body and cellos, double bass sound crazy.. each pluck of the strings and the associated bass extension is awesome...

3. Third is the dynamic driver .. Hyla recommends at least 300 hrs of burn in... i am far from that mark... but till now the resolving power, slam, subbass extension is one of the best... still evolving .. i will not say they are bass anemic... it has sufficent punch & rumble when called upon.. this creates a very good balance overall with respect to lower mids...

4. Imaging: TE5Ts have razor sharp imaging similar to estat... one can literally point the source of sound/instruments even in complex tracks..

Above mentioned impression may sound more clinical but they are not. One can easily enjoy the plethora of details without an element of fatigue. There is adequate body throughout the spectrum for me as of now.

Cheers

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #43 of 218
Would someone who had heard the TE-5T be able to compare the sound signature to any other popular IEMs? I'm still having a hard time deciding on T or B. I have the CE-5 and worry the TE-5B will be too similar, but also worry the TE-5T will be too bright and lack that awesome Hyla bass. Is the TE-5T pretty V shaped? Or more balanced? How much less sub bass does it have than CE-5?

Really appreciate anyone's thoughts!

-Collin-

Mar 3, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #44 of 218
Would someone who had heard the TE-5T be able to compare the sound signature to any other popular IEMs? I'm still having a hard time deciding on T or B. I have the CE-5 and worry the TE-5B will be too similar, but also worry the TE-5T will be too bright and lack that awesome Hyla bass. Is the TE-5T pretty V shaped? Or more balanced? How much less sub bass does it have than CE-5?

-Collin-
Hello
So, TE5T is a completely diff. iem as compared to others. It depends which type of music you like the most. I have never tried CE5 but TE5B has a more mainstream tuning with more focus on bass. You can read early impressions on Headfonia. They will be comparing CE5. TE5T & TE5B in near future.
I already own lcdi4 with EA horus which is a marvel imho. I wanted a diff. iem without sacrificing the rich mids, stellar bass & resolution of lcdi4 in a closed form factor. I tried all iems right from andromedas, atlas, solaris, u18t, u12, tia trios, qdc anole vx, noble encore(excluding khan)... these flagship didn't surprised me at all.. on the contrary it confirmed that lcdi4(cipher/reveal plugin) is still ahead of these flagships even after 20 months of the release. But the upper mids & trebles is where te5t took the lead against lcdi4... The speed, transients, super extended trebles just opened my eyes to an entirely new world.. female vocal jazz, classical, anime music sounded magical... the imaging & transparency reminded me of 009. The soundstage is not massive but instruments & vocals have that airy feel & are adequately spaced out.
The bass response on TE5T may not satisfy everyone but after putting some 50-80 hrs on that dynamic driver I feel it has more than sufficient quantity for my liking; the resolution & extension is great. Hyla recommends approx 300 hrs of burn in before analytical listening.
I also like EDM, hard rock, metal ... I think te5t lacks the bass quantity as compared to other iems(including te5b) but the details it offers in the low end spectrum is very impressive. One can literally dissect the bass frequencies which I like as I am used to audio technical adx5000.

Edit: The mids in general are neither recessed nor forward ...they are centred very well in the soundstage..

Pairing is the BIGGEST issue imho. I am pairing it with a warmer source i.e. sp1000cu ....with the likes of LPGT, DX200 some users may not like the top end. Its all about synergy b/w components. YMMV

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #45 of 218

-Collin-

If you have the CE-5, there's really no reason to get the TE-5B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back