Hyla Audio TE-5B & TE-5T Impressions Thread
Jun 15, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #197 of 218
If I list them, I'd probably be asking $850 inc. shipping and PP fees, CONUS only.
Mfw I'm in Malaysia.
I shall cry in disappointment now

Jun 16, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #199 of 218
Hm. HMMMM.

Jun 27, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #200 of 218
Hm. HMMMM.

Hey, I just wanted to let you know in case you were waiting to hear from me, I'm not going to be selling the Sardas. I got the EE Nemesis in, and while they are a damn good set of IEMs, I just like the Hyla sound a bit better. So I'm keeping the Sardas and I listed the Nemesis. Hope you find yourself a set at some point.

Jul 28, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #201 of 218
Hey, I just wanted to let you know in case you were waiting to hear from me, I'm not going to be selling the Sardas. I got the EE Nemesis in, and while they are a damn good set of IEMs, I just like the Hyla sound a bit better. So I'm keeping the Sardas and I listed the Nemesis. Hope you find yourself a set at some point.
:) for you and :frowning2: for me/us.

I’m currently looking for Sardas too for a TE-5B “upgrade”! Also, eyeing the Oriolous Percivali as it seems to have similar comparisons to TE-5B as Sardas, as slightly less bass and slightly more refined. For 50+% higher cost..

The “non trendy” piezoelectric driver on the Hylas’s is amazing as used (those trebles! - except I can’t listen to some songs like “All Is Full Of Love”:sweat:), so switching that for an estat = side-grade?

I’m so colored, can’t/won’t even listen to my K10s anymore!

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #202 of 218

I’m currently looking for Sardas too for a TE-5B “upgrade”! Also, eyeing the Oriolous Percivali as it seems to have similar comparisons to TE-5B as Sardas, as slightly less bass and slightly more refined. For 50+% higher cost..

The “non trendy” piezoelectric driver on the Hylas’s is amazing as used (those trebles! - except I can’t listen to some songs like “All Is Full Of Love”:sweat:), so switching that for an estat = side-grade?

I haven't heard the Percivali, but I did have a pair of the Fearless Audio Rolands which have the same driver setup. 2 Estats, 2 BA's, and a DD. For me, the Sarda's Piezoelectric just sounds much better than the Fearless Estats. The Rolands just sounded a bit tinny in the highs, where the Hylas sound clean and crisp without sounding tinny. I hope you find a set of the Sardas, be sure to post your thoughts up here or in the Sarda thread. Having come from the TE5-B like I did, I'm curious to see if you feel the same as I do about the Sardas.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #203 of 218

Personally, I think the piezo driver used in the Hylas is more capable than those electrets. (The only good implementation of one that I’ve heard so far is Elysium)

Sarda’s a nice IEM, and you’ll probably like it going from a TE-5B.

Dec 16, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #204 of 218
Everyone's saying that the hyla's have the best bass in the IEM world.
Can someone describe me how this 'best bass' compares to a full sized can, for example LCD-2C, or an Elex?
Also, how much better is the bass compared to a good value hybrid IEM, for example the Blessing 2?

Mar 4, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #205 of 218
Thanks. My sad conclusion that I do not want to believe is that maybe what I already have (CE-5) is best for me. I already have bass monsters in the CE-5, Legend X and Rhapsodio Zombie, and then brighter, more forward IEMs in the Dita Dream, Rhapsodio Eden and Jomo Flamenco.

Well darn! I wanted to buy something! :)

-Collin-

How to the CE-5 compare to the LX? I love my LX but am terrified of damaging the finish if I wear them to the gym or go on a run. I consider myself a bass head but like having neutral mids and highs too.

Mar 4, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #206 of 218
@saltyfr0g I got your PM, but will just try to answer here to the best of my memory in case it's useful info. There are a lot of similarities in the bass of CE-5 and Legend X, but the rest of the frequencies depart pretty rapidly. I recall the CE-5 having a little cleaner and less bloomy sub-bass, and definitely less quantity of mid-bass than the Legend X. They have similar impact (outstanding on both, I would still say these two have the best bass in the industry still if you like slamming sub-bass), but the CE-5 was just a touch more reserved and controlled. For the mids, the Legend X is warmer, more lush and much thicker where the CE-5 is a pretty intense V-shape where the mids are thinner. I didn't have any complaints about that, and I think the CE-5 worked better for hip-hop and electronic music for that reason. For treble, no comparison and CE-5 won for me with its sparkle and clarity. My complaint about the Legend X (and why I have a Legend X SE now instead) is that the treble was always too relaxed, smooth and rolled off for me. Maybe rolled off is the wrong word as I'm sure it extends decently high, but the rest of the thickness and warmth masked that. The CE-5, however, has some great energy up top and I loved that about it.

Hope that helps!

-Collin-

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #207 of 218
@saltyfr0g I got your PM, but will just try to answer here to the best of my memory in case it's useful info. There are a lot of similarities in the bass of CE-5 and Legend X, but the rest of the frequencies depart pretty rapidly. I recall the CE-5 having a little cleaner and less bloomy sub-bass, and definitely less quantity of mid-bass than the Legend X. They have similar impact (outstanding on both, I would still say these two have the best bass in the industry still if you like slamming sub-bass), but the CE-5 was just a touch more reserved and controlled. For the mids, the Legend X is warmer, more lush and much thicker where the CE-5 is a pretty intense V-shape where the mids are thinner. I didn't have any complaints about that, and I think the CE-5 worked better for hip-hop and electronic music for that reason. For treble, no comparison and CE-5 won for me with its sparkle and clarity. My complaint about the Legend X (and why I have a Legend X SE now instead) is that the treble was always too relaxed, smooth and rolled off for me. Maybe rolled off is the wrong word as I'm sure it extends decently high, but the rest of the thickness and warmth masked that. The CE-5, however, has some great energy up top and I loved that about it.

Hope that helps!

-Collin-

I appreciate the comparison feedback. I love my LX but they’re too delicate for me to wear while I work out. I’m always worried I’ll damage the finish so it seems like the CE-5 will fit the bill quite nicely since I listen to bassy hip-hop during long workouts. Thanks again for getting back to me.

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #208 of 218
I appreciate the comparison feedback. I love my LX but they’re too delicate for me to wear while I work out. I’m always worried I’ll damage the finish so it seems like the CE-5 will fit the bill quite nicely since I listen to bassy hip-hop during long workouts. Thanks again for getting back to me.

Anytime! I miss the CE-5. Where are you able to still get one?

-Collin-

Mar 5, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #210 of 218
It’s been discussed already but are the AZLA Sedna Earfit tips still the go-to tips for the CE-5? With the Acoustune AET07 and the new JVC Spiral Dot++ tips that stay on better I wasn’t sure if that’s changed. I have the SD++ but am trying to decide if I should buy the other two to compare.

Also, are y’all running them off the stock cable or using a PWAudio or EA cable? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back