Husker Du made the rest of my music sound boring. :(
Jun 11, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #16 of 18
Another often overlooked album is Intolerance by Grant Hart. He was the other half of the singing and songwriting in Husker Du.

All of my senses, 2541 and come come, are standouts but the whole album is good.

It is more in the vein of Warehouse by Husker Du, but personally in think that is also a very good album with "she floated away" and "friend you're gonna fall"being two of my favorite husker tunes.

I have heard opinion that Mould-Hart were the hardcore version of Lennon McCartney, and I dont think that is far off

Jun 11, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by sno1man
Another often overlooked album is Intolerance by Grant Hart. He was the other half of the singing and songwriting in Husker Du.

All of my senses, 2541 and come come, are standouts but the whole album is good.

It is more in the vein of Warehouse by Husker Du, but personally in think that is also a very good album with "she floated away" and "friend you're gonna fall"being two of my favorite husker tunes.

I have heard opinion that Mould-Hart were the hardcore version of Lennon McCartney, and I dont think that is far off

The first Nova Mob album is worth having as well. I saw Grant perform solo accoustic about 5 or 6 years ago. It was kind of surreal, but still very enjoyable. He was just releasing an album then, but I haven't heard it yet.

-jar

Dec 20, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #18 of 18
I have all the Husker stuff every album is worth owning thoug I would rank hem like his
1. New Day Rising
2. Flip Your Wig
3. Zen Arcade
4. Warehouse
5. Metal Circus
6.Candy Apple Grey
7 Everything Falls Apart and More
the live album is great too.

Ah yes and then there was
NAKED RAYGUN

Great punk band out of Chicago

Throb Throb