Hunting for new wireless, closed over-the-ears for travel
Nov 16, 2016 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BBEG

100+ Head-Fier
So my Phillips CitiScape Uptowns, while purchased for a steal a few years ago, have finally given up the ghost. The sound was good, but it had some cons that I associated with the price: build quality was sub-par and sound quality was highly dependent on the seal (which was easily compromised when turning my head). The more I traveled with them, the more these cons surfaced.

Last time I was shopping for a replacement, the Sennheiser Momentum just came out but life and distractions got in the way of that purchase. Fast forward a time later and a wireless version came out that was well regarded. Fast-forward to now and I'm finding that traveling without good closed headphones sucks.

What options do I currently have in the $500-range that are both wireless and closed circumaural? I see Sennheiser has a Momentum Wireless rev2 or 2.0 and that it has active noise cancelling, which would work great on trains and planes. Anything else out there I should consider?

For preferred sounds, I have to say that I love everything about my HD600s. Source will be occasional iPhone and mostly Android playing lossless formats, though I have a little FiiO e5 (first gen) that I can use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back