Humble Bundle + other indie bundles thread
Jul 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #16 of 28
If people missed that bundle and wanted to get Oddworld, I have an Oddbox in my steam inventory that I got during the winter achievements. It contains Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee®, Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus®, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.

I also have Nuclear Dawn and the Orange Box (Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode Two) to give away.

Jul 9, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #17 of 28
I would like the Oddbox if not for my ever growing backlog of games. I set myself a goal to finish most of the games I have before getting anything new.

In other news. I still have a steam key for Bastion which I'm not using. So if someone is interested shoot me a PM. I'm not giving it to members who signed up after this post. Just FYI.

Edit: The bastion key is gone by now.

Jul 27, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #19 of 28
The latest, the music one, is awesome but the FLAC files for the OK Go album "Twelve Remixes of Four Songs" are a non-standard modified FLAC format or just plainly corrupted.  They won't play in foobar, only VLC.  They are unable to modified to change tags to add things such as release year (pet peeve).  Any attempts to convert it to WAV then back to FLAC to fix the damaged file fail, either the program doesn't recognize it and fails or it tries to figure it out and it ends up in mono.  It's sad, but then again it has terrible fidelity, OK Go's audio engineer is incompetent judging by the last album I heard of theirs then this one.  Despite my favorite band's album being broken, the other stuff is awesome!  JoCo ftw!

Update:  Winamp cannot read it either.  So the only program that can play it is VLC and it'll play almost anything damaged or not.

Jul 27, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #20 of 28
I just paid and downloaded.

Didn't care much for the OK Go, MC Frontalot, or They Might Be Giants releases - they're already gone from my hard-drive.  Just not my taste.

The Christopher Tin album (Calling All Dawns) is outstanding - and well worth the download.  Hitoshi Sakomoto's Valkyrie Chronicles is growing on me.  Even if I just keep those two, it's still been worth it :)

Jul 28, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:
The latest, the music one, is awesome but the FLAC files for the OK Go album "Twelve Remixes of Four Songs" are a non-standard modified FLAC format or just plainly corrupted.  They won't play in foobar, only VLC.  They are unable to modified to change tags to add things such as release year (pet peeve).  Any attempts to convert it to WAV then back to FLAC to fix the damaged file fail, either the program doesn't recognize it and fails or it tries to figure it out and it ends up in mono.  It's sad, but then again it has terrible fidelity, OK Go's audio engineer is incompetent judging by the last album I heard of theirs then this one.  Despite my favorite band's album being broken, the other stuff is awesome!  JoCo ftw!

Update:  Winamp cannot read it either.  So the only program that can play it is VLC and it'll play almost anything damaged or not.

I suggest maybe bringing that up to them so they can fix this.

I still have yet to purchase and download them, but seeing good comments on the choice of songs on sale, here and elsewhere, makes my heart yearn for it. Wish my connection isn't as finicky to maintain the download.

Jul 30, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #22 of 28
I was planning to but since I was out on the weekend I didn't get a chance.  Being as it's late, it's something I plan to do tomorrow.  OK Go and The Humble Indie people are some of my favorites so I hope they'll step up and fix it proper.

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #23 of 28
They know about this issue and are working on solving it.

Hello,
Thanks for your email. We’re aware of the issue with the OK Go FLAC files and we’re looking to get it fixed ASAP.
We’ll send you an email when they’re fixed and are sorry for the inconvenience!
Thanks for your support and your patience,

Wes 
Support Ninja
Humble Bundle

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:
They know about this issue and are working on solving it.

Hello,
Thanks for your email. We’re aware of the issue with the OK Go FLAC files and we’re looking to get it fixed ASAP.
We’ll send you an email when they’re fixed and are sorry for the inconvenience!
Thanks for your support and your patience,

Wes 
Support Ninja
Humble Bundle

That''s great that they know that already. Or possibly say that since they just knew it and was just keeping up appearances LOL. But I don't think they do that though.

Jul 31, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #25 of 28
I just got an email informing me they fixed the issue.  Hopefully it's fixed!

Hey there!
We’ve fixed the OK Go FLAC files, and you can download the new zip file from your download page.
For verification, the new zip file is named: ok_go_-_twelve_remixes_of_four_songs-flac-1343673531.zip
Thanks again for your patience and support!
Regards,

Josh 
Support Ninja
Humble Bundle

UPDATE:  The new files are flawless.  Just redownload the OK Go album and make sure it matches the MD5 Hash 275eed026b85829edd28d9e83c54a31b and everything should be fine now.  Thanks to the always awesome Humble Bundle people!

Oct 26, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #28 of 28
Just got the halloween indie royale bundle, but already have Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse. Anyone want the Steam key for this classic adventure game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back