HUh.... massive difference between computer mp3 and CD
Jun 20, 2002 at 2:47 AM Post #46 of 48
i wrote a personalised music system for my final years honours in computers. its tracks your preferences in a user model and recommends and play tracks based on AI.

I think it had about 150 cd at the time with album covers and titles. there was an internal database system used to stream and catalogue the media.. maybe that's a possability? a streaming server. then you could share and gimme a listen
tongue.gif

Jun 20, 2002 at 3:01 AM Post #47 of 48
Quote:

Originally posted by taoster
i wrote a personalised music system for my final years honours in computers. its tracks your preferences in a user model and recommends and play tracks based on AI.

I think it had about 150 cd at the time with album covers and titles. there was an internal database system used to stream and catalogue the media.. maybe that's a possability? a streaming server. then you could share and gimme a listen
tongue.gif

I've thought about putting it all in a big database but the problem there is it becomes non-standard for the quality players like winamp. I'll take my filesystem approach anyday. Once the filesystem is clean you can mount it read-only and that should stop any insanity. Remount as you add discs in the future..

Boy has this thread gotten sidetracked... more than once.

Jun 20, 2002 at 3:56 AM Post #48 of 48
nezer, what do you mean it "becomes non-standard for the quality players like winamp". winamp can play stream just fine.

oh yeah back to topic. the bottleneck for computer mp3 is hardware not format issue imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back