Hugo and Tidal 360
Apr 22, 2020 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

chowmanfu

Head-Fier
I tried my cheap Motorola, a first gen Hugo, and Tidal 360 today. Wow. This is streaming? Oh my God.

There isn't much difference between the different Hugo gens at less than DSD quality, right? Better to ride my first gen till it quits? I've already had to replace the board.

Apr 22, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #3 of 6
Tidal 360?

Tidal is a music app. I think it's $10/month for Master quality music at 192 quality. The regular quality sounds great with a mobile network but the Master quality only works well with WiFi.

360 is Master quality and is almost binaural. Very impressive coming from the internet. Not a big selection, here, but there are a few great albums.

It's easy to organize your music and you can access it from any device. It's not worth the Master level subscription unless you have a phone with an audio chip (like an LG V series) or an external board, like the Hugo.

The regular subscription is worthwhile for standard devices, though.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 6
Tidal is a music app. I think it's $10/month for Master quality music at 192 quality. The regular quality sounds great with a mobile network but the Master quality only works well with WiFi.

360 is Master quality and is almost binaural. Very impressive coming from the internet. Not a big selection, here, but there are a few great albums.

It's easy to organize your music and you can access it from any device. It's not worth the Master level subscription unless you have a phone with an audio chip (like an LG V series) or an external board, like the Hugo.

The regular subscription is worthwhile for standard devices, though.
If you use an optimized PC Tidal sounds almost
I know Tidal. i'm subbed. Wasn't sure what the 360 related to.

Ah, sorry! There's a section in the app called 360. If you hit the search button and scroll past the genres, it's right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back