Hugo 2 Baterry
May 19, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 5
Dont worry about the battery.

If Hugo is in desktop mode, it will barely use the battery, rob said that somewhere that it would take 10-20 years for the battery to die if hugo2 is kept in desktop mode.

Also, hugo2 can work without a battery connected, roberto mentions that fact.

Possible linear psu mod ?

However, I am not sure if you have to keep hugo2 physically turned on to get the maximum battery life out of it.

Or

If we just need to keep the charger plugged in to hugo2, but can put it into standby via the remote or the power button on hugo.

I dont know which way is best way because once my hugo2 enters desktop mode, it should theoretically use very little battery power.

But, when I use the remote to put hugo2 into standby, hugo2 starts recharging the batteries for a few hours.

So, I do not know if its best to leave hugo2 always plugged in and turned on at the wall socket and also turned on as if we were listening to music, or if we can use the remote to turn it off.

It would be good if someone from chord could tell us / clarify the exact way to get the maximum battery life out of it.

Always on or Standby ?

Does anyone know how to get the best life out of the battery ?

Last edited by a moderator:
May 19, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 5
Yes, plug it into the wall, turn it on so that hugo2 starts charging, after 24 hours of charging it will go into desktop mode and the power ball light will change from white to a pink colour to indicate that its in desktop mode.

Auto switch off after 15 minutes of no music will be disabled when in desktop mode.

Would of been good if we could manually put it into desktop mode, would also be good if we could get clarification regarding how to get the best battery life.

Hugo2 always turned on as if we were listening to music or, can we use the red power button on the remote to put hugo into standby?

Which way is best,

always on or standby ?

In standby, (using the remote to turn hugo off) hugo will always start to recharge the battery.

So I doubt that is the best way to get maximum battery life but I really dont know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back