Huge price discepancies
Nov 28, 2013 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5
so, america is having its shopping day and lots of stuff goes on sale, some are pretty huge discounts too.  so i see a tweet about the UE9000 being marked from US$400 to US$150, woah thinks i, thats pretty good.  so off i go and look at the UK site.  UE seem to think that $150 is the same as £170!!!!!!!

no UE $150 is about £91, granted slap on 20% VAT and that brings us to £110.

so UE instead of making me part with cash and thinking oooh awesome company, awesome deal there i am now thinking screw you!!!!  treating potential customers in a discriminatory fashion is not the way to increase sales or affection for your company. 

Nov 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 5
  so, america is having its shopping day and lots of stuff goes on sale, some are pretty huge discounts too.  so i see a tweet about the UE9000 being marked from US$400 to US$150, woah thinks i, thats pretty good.  so off i go and look at the UK site.  UE seem to think that $150 is the same as £170!!!!!!!

no UE $150 is about £91, granted slap on 20% VAT and that brings us to £110.

so UE instead of making me part with cash and thinking oooh awesome company, awesome deal there i am now thinking screw you!!!!  treating potential customers in a discriminatory fashion is not the way to increase sales or affection for your company. 

America is also having a 50% off sale in our Real Estate market too ; Come on, you know you want to immigrate for these sweet sweet DEALS ;')    

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #4 of 5
You should experience the mark-ups in retail in Australia and New Zealand.....
and, the retail stores wonder why people shop online........
I do have sympathy for the retailers here.
I have none for the thieving hounds who call themselves importers and distributors who have been fleecing us for decades under the guise of Australia being so far away it costs so much to transport the goods over.
And also the small population here.

In other words, any excuse to fleece the population.
The net is the best thing that has happened here.

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #5 of 5
Haha, if you're complaining about there, then how about china? We have headphones selling generally for 150% of their american counterpart, even when the product's chinese and made in china (looking at you, he-400). And there's no discounts any time of the year. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back