HTPC hook-up to hifi questions needing answers
Aug 27, 2017 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bennyhaha812

Head-Fier
Hello all and thanks ahead of time. First, I'll share what I have set up then what I'm thinking of doing.

Current system is such: HTPC connected to dac via s/pdif to preamp to amp to speakers

Planning on buying a new Denafrips Venus and Singxer SU-1 and started wondering if I should bother with an ifi ipurifier 2 or other usb regenerator/reclocker/filter. It has been noted to help with imaging, backround, soundstage etc for others. These devices range from $50 to hundreds so I started thinking that if I went wireless it would remove the issues caused by HTPC computer noise on USB. So what would I use and would the devices used have their own issues? I see there are devices like the audioengine. Will something like this help, or do they have their own problems? Are there alternatives that are cheaper? I don't have bluetooth on my motherboard. I want at least 24bit and will go I2S from Singxer to Venus. I see ifi purifier 2 works well and is around $100 so if there isn't a solution that would give me clean bit perfect lossless unmolested audio signal wirelessly to the Singxer SU-1 and then to my Denafrips Venus it's probably not worth the time money and effort.
I don't use any of these gadgets in my chain now. Simply go HTPC=>Music Hall=>Custom self built Don Sachs assisted designed Line Stage preamplifier=>VTA ST-120 (custom built)=>Vienna Acoustics Mozarts. Looking to replace Music Hall with Singxer SU-1=>Denafrips Venus. I wouldn't know the difference if I don't try but if I did attempt to improve in the area between the HTPC and dac what's the best bet? I live in a relatively sparsely populated area and don't think we have a lot of interference or noise in our power but who knows without testing it?
Thanks again for your input and ideas. Again, how would you hook it all up? Add stuff in line or go wireless? What are my options for devices? Only I can decide if I want to spend the money on these things, but I would like to know of everything that's available and then determine if I want to open up that can of worms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back