HTC Windows Phone 8X "Experience audio entertainment exclusively with built-in Beats Audio technology"
Dec 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #46 of 50
Well if beats is a gimmick then most things in digital enhancement is as well.  I would say that as an eq it is way better than apple.  To me apple is oh wow very pretty now quickly put an ugly case on it before it falls for the first time and breaks.  Not saying you have an iphone just felt like saying it.  If you do not like beats audio then turn it off.  The phone is solid with good sound production.  

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #47 of 50
Beats technology is only one element of the audio tuning in the 8X. HTC has upped the voltage of the base audio output to 1.55V (a more usual level is 0.5V). For the 3.5mm audio out port there's a secondary dedicated amplifier that further increases the output to 2.55V. This not only improves sound quality (and, to some extent, available volume), but also makes it possible to power standalone speakers. HTC feel this is important because the "quality of the 8X's audio output is such that people will want to listen on more than just headphones". There's also a secondary amplifier on the loudspeaker circuitry, which significantly improves the audio quality output and means audio is crisper and deeper than it otherwise would be.

Source: http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/features/item/15737_Windows_Phone_8X_by_HTC_hands-.php

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:36 AM Post #48 of 50
Quote:
Well if beats is a gimmick then most things in digital enhancement is as well.  I would say that as an eq it is way better than apple.  To me apple is oh wow very pretty now quickly put an ugly case on it before it falls for the first time and breaks.  Not saying you have an iphone just felt like saying it.  If you do not like beats audio then turn it off.  The phone is solid with good sound production.  

Funny, I've dropped my iPhone 4 20+ times from at least desk-height, without a case, and the glasses have yet to break.

If 20 years ago Sony was allowed to tout their MegaBass with nary a faint whiff of protest from audiophiles, of course Beats should be allowed to bring their EQ preset to all these laptops and phones.

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #49 of 50
Got this phone today; Beats Audio is pretty terrible, makes it much brighter and in-your-face, in addition bloating everything.

Fortunately you can turn it off; it sounds pretty neutral that way.

Other than that, great phone.

Sep 7, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #50 of 50
Vote here if you want to see USB OTG support added to Windows Phone so we can use external DAC!  http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/4699337-need-usb-on-the-go-otg-in-windows-phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back