HTC touch HD sound quality?
Dec 27, 2008 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

kaushama

Headphoneus Supremus
I am planning to buy HTC touch HD as a phone upgrade. HTC touch pro has more of a phone feeling but doesn't have 3.5 mm audio output jack. If they are not good music players I would rather go for touch pro. (Touch pro does not have a 3.5mm jack)
Any opinions? SQ compared to Sony S639F?

large1.jpg

Touch HD

large4.jpg

Touch Pro

Dec 31, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #5 of 11
Don't forget the next paragraph though.
wink.gif

"Unfortunately a price had to be paid and that is the rather high total harmonic distortion and intermodulation distortion levels. Nonetheless it seems that there is not too much left before the WinMo devices start to directly compete music-oriented ones."

I wonder what difference these make...

It's interesting to note that it appears that the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 uses the audio codec powered by the Qualcomm processor inside, much like a lot of other Windows Mobile devices. Perhaps they did some sort of software/firmware tweaking to get better results?

One possible factor could be the fact that the XPERIA uses a standard 3.5mm jack while the other ones that they reviewed (excluding Apple products) must use a separate adapter.

Dec 31, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #6 of 11
The Touch HD SQ is only average. SQ is comparable to the Ipod Video 5G. It has somewhat better soundstage but sounds a little more grainy on vocals. Mids are slightly recessed but overall it seems a little more detailed. While the Ipod is slightly more dynamic, the touch sounds a touch flatter.

The Sansa Fuze sounds much better than either.

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #8 of 11
If it is anything like my HTC Tytn II then the volume will be pants and you will most likely need to consider amping it. Something like an Fiio E5 would work well if you want to keep the size down.

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #9 of 11
I've been looking for a new phone too but nothing looks very good in SQ really. I wish the iPhone was more up to the job. Sad that Apple skimps on Audio Quality when so many musicians use their equipment.

May 26, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #10 of 11
I wonder how Touch HD SQ compare to my xda flame.
From this forum a member said xda-flame it uses a wolfson chip and has very good sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back