HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio, speculation, thoughts?
Sep 14, 2011 at 6:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Blinxat

500+ Head-Fier
Hi!

So HTC announced this phone:

They say "comes inbox with custom made Beats headsets, engineered to deliver extraordinary sound. The specially tuned software and user interface delivers the ultimate mobile audio experience we know you’ll appreciate."

So basically this will just be the Sensation with a new back cover, a new equalizer settig, and some slightly above standard "beats" in ears?

How does the normal Sensation perform in Audio anyway? On GSMArena it did better than the Samsung Galaxy S2 in IMD noise and Stereo Crosstalk, are those things I could notice with my pair of ShureSE215?

I wouldn't want to downgrade audio quality, my C7 seems to perform pretty well:

The Sensation seems to have slightly higher IMD but less crosstalk:

Note: the iphone 4 seems to perform best. (but I don't like apple products). I would prefer the SGS2 because it can also play MKV files, but it seems to be subpar in the Audio department. Although im not sure if I would even notice it, since im not that much of an audiophile, just to the point that I enjoy higher quality headphones and get annoyed by lower bitrate recordings where other friends don't seem to mind.

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #2 of 25
Why would you trade your C7 ? If it's like the N8, you can use an external DAC with the usb on the go cable and i'm sure there are apps which allows to play highrate mp3 (and even flac).

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 25
Inever trust reviews which mention iAnything.

I hate to be as biased as I am against iproducts but, idon't trust them at all..

As far as the sensation goes.. if you need an upgrade I imagine it is worth trying.

I dislike the beats, but if they don't raise the pricetag then, I'd be willing to try them. In regards to hardware HTC makes pretty solid phones..

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 25
this is exactly what the smartphone market needs. some phones with attention to audio performance. its beats... but still its something.

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #5 of 25

Quote:
this is exactly what the smartphone market needs. some phones with attention to audio performance. its beats... but still its something.

Well, that is just like razer.

As a company I really don't like razer.. They still have a few awesome products like the death adder.

if the phone comes with a free set then, hell maybe it could be a good deal for what you get.

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #12 of 25

Quote:
Actually i'd rather go with the regular non Beats Sensation. This partnership is just for rappers i guess.

It offers a more stable response, but HTC is infamous in that their phones have really bad battery life. I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy them, though; just be sure to have either a charger or an extra battery with you when you're way from home for any extended period of time :p

Nov 7, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #13 of 25
I own an iPhone 3GS and the day i decommission it i'll go for another iPhone. No phone beats iPhone sound quality wise nor has line out.

I just tried to say that the regular Sensation seems to sound more tonally accurate than this outrageous rapper response of the XE.

Nov 7, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #14 of 25

Quote:
I own an iPhone 3GS and the day i decommission it i'll go for another iPhone. No phone beats iPhone sound quality wise nor has line out.

I just tried to say that the regular Sensation seems to sound more tonally accurate than this outrageous rapper response of the XE.

True, because the iPhone 4S has the best SQ of any mobile phone to date.

That's not totally impossible, as the Sensation XE seems to have gone out of its way to prevent anyone  (save perhaps for really skilled rooters) from disabling the Beats Audio (so-called) "enhancements". Personally, I think one could easily replicate the effects through the use of a decent equalizer application, such as that on PowerAMP. I have yet to listen to the XE though, so I cannot say with any degree of certainty.

Speaking of which, anyone have an idea as to how much an improvement the 4S is over a Voodoo-enabled Galaxy S? I know it's a bit off-topic, so my apologies. It's just that I'm considering an upgrade soon. 

Thanks!

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #15 of 25
with android os and reference hardware design, wouldn't it be easier for Fiio or Teclast to commision a media player with phone functions? take a look at all the cheap mic android phones already available there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back