Htc One
Jul 18, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #407 of 533
Quote:
Sonically, you be doing your ears a disservice using a separate mp3 player (i have a 5.5g) which hasn't been used since I got my sensation two years ago....

huh lol?

i was thinking of getting an ipod classic as well as an htc one because i listen to music a lot so i was worried about the battery going and the htc one music quality not being good

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #408 of 533
Quote:
huh lol?

i was thinking of getting an ipod classic as well as an htc one because i listen to music a lot so i was worried about the battery going and the htc one music quality not being good

HTC One tramps all over an IPOD

I mainly use Spotify/Gplay these days as well (high Bitrate) so humping round loads of my albums is no longer an issue 

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #410 of 533
I also think my Galaxy S4 sounds better than my old iPhone 4, so it's not impossible for the One to also sound better...
Quote:
hmm really

i am not an audiphile i must admit

i will use yamaha eph 100 earphones if i get the htc one

Jul 19, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #412 of 533
Quote:
wow and all the phone shops were telling me that the iphone is the best for music.....?

They probs tell you Beats is the best earphones as well.

Probs drive a German car because they think German engineering is best

Have a swiss Watch because they believe they are the best etc

Like everything else in life, you need to look for yourself, rather than the misguided opinions of other who (may) have self interest.

Personally, i can't think of a reason why a product with a 30% profit mark-up is being sold to you  as "the best"

:roll:

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #413 of 533
Quote:
They probs tell you Beats is the best earphones as well.

Probs drive a German car because they think German engineering is best

Have a swiss Watch because they believe they are the best etc

Like everything else in life, you need to look for yourself, rather than the misguided opinions of other who (may) have self interest.

Personally, i can't think of a reason why a product with a 30% profit mark-up is being sold to you  as "the best"

:roll:

lool so what's the best phone would you say for listening to music

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #414 of 533
Quote:
lool so what's the best phone would you say for listening to music

Generally, That's an impossible question 
size]

I personally, won't stray far from Sennheiser though. I like the products too much

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #419 of 533
Quote:
oh okay yeah may go for the htc one

also do you use the beats audio on it or do you turn it off?

For the speaker output, I actually use the beats.

For Headphone/Bluetooth output i turn it off as:

A) I like my music fairly neutral
B) My earphones are good enough not to need eq'ing.

The Beats Headphones with the one are not completely unservicable tbh (They are a lot better than the Apple ones of the I5)

Personally, The HTC One, The Iphone 5 and the G4 are by all accounts ok for audio. (on a par if not better than an Ipod) So, i'd probs go off your phone requirements first then look at the music output.

For me, the ONE clean/powefull output combined with the ease at which Android lets you manage files etc, and the fact that i don't like Samsung software AND, the fact i don't like the Iphone, or its price made the HTC one a no-brainer for me.

YMMV obv.

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #420 of 533
Quote:
HTC One tramps all over an IPOD

I mainly use Spotify/Gplay these days as well (high Bitrate) so humping round loads of my albums is no longer an issue 

I use my One with Spotify as well(320kbps) and it sounds great. I could squeeze out better sound by storing uncompressed files locally, but since I'm on Sprint, I'm limited to 32gb, so it's impractical for the amount of music I listen to. I did manage to get 1800+ songs stored locally through Spotify(320kbps), so it's sufficient for my needs. I've listened to several phones so far and the One had the best sound to my ears, so that's the route I went, and I have no regrets. My one and only gripe is lack of a 64gb model on my carrier or sd support for the phone in general. I have a 3300 song limit on mobile devices, using Spotify, and I'd to push that limit, haha. Sound quality wise, as a pmp, I'm more than satisfied. I may not be as anal as some people though, I tend to be way more critical when it comes to my home set up. All that being said, I'm still looking forward to trying the FiiO E19 when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back