Htc One
Jun 29, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #526 of 533

I've moved on since then.

I'm running the whole viper rom and loving it even more.
You get a full eq and quite a few other tweaks to play with along with sense 6.

But obviously if you're happy i too would be wary about changing things.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2334294

Interesting :) I'm pretty invested in the Revolution Rom at the moment but i will take a look at the  Viper Rom.
Does it add any more useful audio tweaks?

Really loving mt HTC One for audio! Paired with my new DT1350 - I'm in portable sonic bliss :)

Jun 29, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #527 of 533
Well you get srs, Dolby, beats and other modes but I mostly use the eq.

There's no clarity mode or anything of the like, I'll have a nose later on perhaps the audio mod is an addition.
As for arhd it's like an improved stock rom. If like me you like to fiddle than you'll love viper.

Interesting :) I'm pretty invested in the Revolution Rom at the moment but i will take a look at the  Viper Rom.

Really loving mt HTC One for audio! Paired with my new DT1350 - I'm in portable sonic bliss :)

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #528 of 533

I just rooted it with the viperone mod yesterday and the only difference which is a big difference for me is that it allows me to use my dacs with usb audio out even with other players!!!! On the vipermod site, they say there is a viper sound enhancer feature but I am unable to find it. Other than that, I am very happy with the mod and it looks great. So many tweaks!

Dec 12, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #529 of 533
Vipersound hasn't been there since the very first ROMs for the M8 (if digging deep enough in the XDA thread for ViperRom, you'll see me asking that question!) - that is why most people with the M8 ended up with V4A...

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #530 of 533
Just fished out the M7 on the cheap used at a local online forum and all i can say is WOW! I connected it to a Fiio E7 and actually to my ears the HTC One M7 on it's own sounded better! Think i am settled for a smartphone/dap combo and i know i would be using this 24/7 on the train/tube but am planning to get an armband so i can listen to it while i go jogging 
beerchug.gif
 This is one phone where i simply cannot max out the volume with cans cos it hurts my ears so pleased about that one too
L3000.gif

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #531 of 533
Update :  received the sports armband from ebay a few days back - enjoying the M7 while jogging too wee
darthsmile.gif

Link if someone is curious
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gym-Running-Sports-Armband-Case-Pouch-Guard-For-HTC-Cell-Phone-Smartphone/390903806537?_trksid=p3693.c100102.m2452&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140212121249%26meid%3Dd245ec5b35ce444298feeea2df5d0b2f%26pid%3D100102%26

Apr 5, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #532 of 533
Just fished out the M7 on the cheap used at a local online forum and all i can say is WOW! I connected it to a Fiio E7 and actually to my ears the HTC One M7 on it's own sounded better! Think i am settled for a smartphone/dap combo and i know i would be using this 24/7 on the train/tube but am planning to get an armband so i can listen to it while i go jogging :beerchug:  This is one phone where i simply cannot max out the volume with cans cos it hurts my ears so pleased about that one too:L3000:  
Congrats :)

The One M7 is what started my HTC journey :)

Cannot remember now how it sounded, but like you say, loud and proud... - definitely outshines the E7 :)

May 4, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #533 of 533
Hi,

Has anyone tried the HTC M7 with the Fiio X3K (Second generation) as a DAC through USB OTG? Is it working?
I'm using it with the Fiio e7 right now, but would like to upgrade to Fiio X3K.

Thanks,
Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back