htc one x , htc one s, samsung s3, open to suggestions
Oct 17, 2012 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dj HyPe

New Head-Fier
what phone should i get to replace my w995? it will be my main music player and i will use it mostly for music.. and google maps.

I listen to a very varied range of stuff jpop/pop rock deathmetal classical hip hop jazz reggae jungle electro.

Using IEMs; not sure which as I will be getting new ones.

I know the htc one x and s only have internal memory but i think the 32 and 16 gb (respectively) will just about suffice (i keep my music on pc).

I have also read on here that the s3 dac is badly positioned or something so the sound isn't that great, but its the best phone otherwise (sd cards and removable battery + battery life)

Too many phones not enough time! Any ideas, suggestions?

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #2 of 4
s3

Oct 17, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #3 of 4
Not heard about the bad dac position on s3. But the software controlling the dac, if often not as good as it should have been. By default the Samsung has very low volume output, it could be a safety thing though, since a lot of players have deliberately low output, where I live (Europe)
On the s3 there are kernel tweeks, that improves the sound

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #4 of 4
The Galaxy SIII offers great soundquality (very crisp and clean) and HTC ONE X has very clean output too with usefull EQ and all EQ sound very clean (reommended if you like to use the EQ). The other phones like Nokia Lumia 900 (great soundquality, detailed and clean sounding), Sony Xperia ION(very detailed and lots of features, full of entertainment), Galaxy Note( very loud clean and detailed sounding phone, recommended if you like to play your music at loud volume), Galaxy S II HD( crisp, clear sounding) are all great sounding music phones and they all have strengths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back