HTC one or PMP ( Sony NWZ-F806)
Mar 22, 2013 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

headoncollision

100+ Head-Fier
so I have been thinking of getting a PMP lately primarily for listening to music while jogging and doing sport and 2ndry for watching videos and movies on the go, I was fixed on this idea until I saw the HTC one, which seems to be a pretty decent piece of multimedia phone with its speakers, quad core and 1080p display, and since my smartphone is a bit sluggish and is not adequate enough to watch videos smoothly ( htc desire z ) so I thought perhaps I should get the HTC one and forget about all the PMP thing, since am going to do sport with a Bluetooth headset anyway so it wouldn`t matter what source I use, and it would be more convenience to have all my stuff in one place. but my concerns are as following.
1- sound quality: sony claims that the NWZ-F806 has a hi-fi audio quality, would it be much of a difference between the HTC one, maybe slightly better?
2- battery life: the htc one seems to sport 8 hours of video playback which is pretty decent for a smartphone, so my phone battery won`t be drained when watching videos and listening while doing sport.
3- screen size: obviously the HTC one has a superior screen and is much bigger, so its more convenient to watch movies on it to browse the internet.

its kinda confusing, since the sony walkman is not cheap its currently 280$ on amazon and the htc one seems to cost 700$ USD equivilant in UK, so my only concern about the phone is its sound quality over headphones either wireless or through 3.5jack.

I would really appreciate any ideas.

Mar 23, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #2 of 6
Have a nose here.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/655952/htc-one#post_9275529

Trouble is I'm probably the only one here who currently has the htc, they're proving to be very popular so getting a one is tricky.

Been a long time since I've owned a sony. But you will love the htc, it's so nice to use.

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 6
Have a nose here.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/655952/htc-one#post_9275529

Trouble is I'm probably the only one here who currently has the htc, they're proving to be very popular so getting a one is tricky.

Been a long time since I've owned a sony. But you will love the htc, it's so nice to use.

thanks alot for the link, ever since I have been reading aboutt the htc one, i have grown more fund of it, since i have the desire z and its sound quality is really good. i have ordered denon excercise freak for my sport and am gonna try them out with the desire z. if I like what I hear I hear I might postpone buying the htc one for 2 months or so, anyway I want you u to check something for me if you dont mind on your HTC one, since. I might order one from amazon uk. does it have arabic keyboard nativelly?, because I am sure its price will be skyrocking if it came available here.

thanks again.

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
I asked on xda and it certainly does.

good to know, you actually went out of your way to ask around xda, thanks alot, the htc one looks like a killer, am gonna buy it eventually, I guess I love my desire z too much to let it go, perhaps after 1 or two months I will get it.
thank again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back