HTC One M9 review "even louder than M8"
Apr 23, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #93 of 99
  I've had my HTC One M9 for a little over two weeks now. Sound quality is very good in my opinion. I'm using Bose QC20i's with it and there is plenty of power to drive them. I have been listening at "low" volume levels. 

I plan to do a sound quality comparison between the HTC One M9 and my wife's iPhone 6. I'll post a reply when I finish. 

Apr 23, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #94 of 99

I plan to do a sound quality comparison between the HTC One M9 and my wife's iPhone 6. I'll post a reply when I finish. 

The power levels for both the iPhone 6 and HTC M9 are about the same. The sound from the iPhone was a little warmer with the bass a little on the loose side. The sound from the HTC M9 was a little brighter with the highs sounding a little clearer. I listened to the Rolling Stones "Beast of Burden" with the Bose QC20i's. I know it its not an in depth review, but my focus was on the highlights. Personally I preferred the sound of the HTC M9 but the iPhone's sound is very good. You cant go wrong with either phone. 

Apr 24, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #95 of 99
The power levels for both the iPhone 6 and HTC M9 are about the same. The sound from the iPhone was a little warmer with the bass a little on the loose side. The sound from the HTC M9 was a little brighter with the highs sounding a little clearer. I listened to the Rolling Stones "Beast of Burden" with the Bose QC20i's. I know it its not an in depth review, but my focus was on the highlights. Personally I preferred the sound of the HTC M9 but the iPhone's sound is very good. You cant go wrong with either phone. 

Totally agree ! I still prefer the Iphone 6 for many reasons, the M9 is slightly too leaner for my taste. I sold it just about 2 weeks after purchase, not because of the SQ but it was very unstable at that time with serious overheating issues.

Right now the A9 is a better choice amongst other htc devices for audiophile needs

Apr 24, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #96 of 99
Totally agree ! I still prefer the Iphone 6 for many reasons, the M9 is slightly too leaner for my taste. I sold it just about 2 weeks after purchase, not because of the SQ but it was very unstable at that time with serious overheating issues.

Right now the A9 is a better choice amongst other htc devices for audiophile needs

I'm not experiencing the overheating or short battery issues that initial users were experiencing. Those were my biggest concerns about the M9. My phone is usable from 8am until 10pm on a single charge. They either fixed it in the firmware or hardware revision or both (my HW version is #3.). I considered the A9 too but for me the M9 had more appeal. The mobile phone market is starting to address the need for better audio. Apple is the market leader but HTC and LG are starting to get better at differentiating their products and maybe this will cause the other OEMs to step up their game. If I get a chance I will check out the HTC A9 to compare sound quality. I'm interested in hearing how the M9 and A9 compare :)  

May 8, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #99 of 99
In case anyone is still considering a used M9, I recently traded an LG g3 and a beat up LG g2 straight trade for a mint condition in box m9. There are no overheating or lag issues after a week of use. I sold my m8 a while back for money and wanted it back. The g2 sq wasn't bad but nothing like the m8/m9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back