HTC One M9 review "even louder than M8"
Apr 10, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #31 of 99
According to phonarena m9 belts out 1 volt. As iPhone 6. As the M8 once voltage was cut down via update to get rid of fuzzies.

Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has nothing left to lose.
I haven't measured with a voltmeter so, it may be just the higher treble energy that the M9 puts out (compared to iPhone 6+), definitely 'sounds' louder though, oh - and great news, bearing in mind that I was the first (for definite) to moan about the M8 distortion, and one of, if not the first person to moan about the M7 distortion (on HF at least) - the M9 - no such complaints :)

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #32 of 99
Borrowed a 6+ for the weekend from work whilst my M8 is being repaired. My word the audio sucks on this thing. Its really made me appreciate the quality of the M8. I am glad to read that HTC has continued their high audio standards with the M9. I am due an upgrade. Is it worth it?

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #33 of 99
Just brought the m9 yesterday as I felt the UK version of the Samsung galaxy note 4 just wasn't on par with my friends htc one m8 and my other friends sony xperia z3.
Fingers crossed the m9 is even better.
besides being on the go alot especially on a motorcycle the 5.8inch screen to much.

Got a weird feeling though, might have shot myself in the foot as we all know sony is bringin out the z4 with the S-Master Amp that's ment to be an interesting game changer.

Question to all that have a htc one m9; did you get an update For the camera software?
thanks.

Ps. I use sony xba H3's and xba 40's most the time.

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #34 of 99
@thepooh One thing I can say, which I'm sure you'll agree with, there is no practical way to use the M9 at full volume with the 846! - I max out at '73' on Neutron (so, assumedly 7/10 on the volume)

That's true ! If you wanna keep your hearing ability with the perfect output, it's max 7/10 on the volume on very sensitive iems
o2smile.gif

In fact, even with a ( 60 ohms/102 db) on-ear headphone you surely won't cross the 8/10 border for normal listening
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #36 of 99
Audio on the M9 is sick. Listening right now on my Vsonic GR01 and this is the best they have ever sounded. Sounds clean, clear, and flat to me with boomsound turned off. Volume is more than enough. Haven't exceeded 53/100 yet. Sounds better than the Galaxy s4 it replaced for sure.

The dual front facing speakers are fantastic as well.

Apr 25, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #37 of 99
Just plugged my ReZero into the M9. I don't remember liking these so much with the Galaxy S4. They sound very good with the M9.

Clarity is ridiculous, especially vocal clarity, and I don't remember the bass sounding so good. I remember having to eq in some extra bass before.

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #38 of 99
Audio on the M9 is sick. Listening right now on my Vsonic GR01 and this is the best they have ever sounded. Sounds clean, clear, and flat to me with boomsound turned off. Volume is more than enough. Haven't exceeded 53/100 yet. Sounds better than the Galaxy s4 it replaced for sure.

The dual front facing speakers are fantastic as well.
Sorry if this is a daft question, but - you definitely have an M9? - It isn't boomsound on the M9, but Dolby, so - just making sure, with how similar they are in appearance, that you haven't ended up with an M8?

Apologies if I have it wrong, and international versions of the M9 DO come with Boomsound...

Apr 26, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #39 of 99
Ignore my post above, shouldn't post when haven't had enough sleep!

For the record it is boomsound with Dolby audio lol

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #41 of 99
It's definitely the M9.

Apr 27, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #42 of 99
Damn the RE-Zero's sound awesome with this phone. They never impressed me with my old Galaxy s4. I never understood what all the hype was about until now.

May 3, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #43 of 99
I'm still liking the M9 - Thankfully still no sound clipping issues that plagued the M8, and to a lesser extent, the M7 early in their production cycle.

May 8, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #45 of 99
Hi to all.

Just a quick question. Are all of you using your M9's "as is" out of the box or are you rooting and adding any audio enhancement app's (i.e. V4A)?
Stock ROM with Neutron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back