HTC One. Advice for Best Audio Experience.
Jul 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

prototypeprod

New Head-Fier
Hello all. My name is Aaron. I am from London. I am new here.

I would like to obtain the best Audio Experience on the HTC One.

What would You Advise I do to Achieve this. IE. File Formats, Additional Electronics such as DACs or Amps. Headphone Types.

Also I have a niggle that is an Issue. On My HTC One it Exhibits a Distinct Background hiss. That is Audible through the Loudspeaker or when Using Headphones / Earphones.

Is this Due to the Phones built in Amp. Or is something else amiss. I never had this problem with My Iphones 4. 4s or the 5.

Any advice appreciated.

Jul 4, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #5 of 13
Hello and welcome prototyprprod and sorry for your wallet :)

We heard all great things about HTC One's sound quality.

First of all try having the highest possible audio file quality (FLAC or ALAC - For ALAC you need another media playing software. As far as I know the default one does not support ALAC)

HTC one supports direct USB audio so you can combine it with a USB DAC/Amp. The question here is how much are you willing to spend for a DAC/Amp. If you want to spend around $100 for a DAC/Amp you can go for FiiO E07K or FiiO E17.

You did not tell us anything regarding your music choice and what kind of headphones you are currently using. We can help more if you give a little more details about it.

About hissing, I did not read anything about hissing in HTC One. Search in the forum there is a really long HTC One thread (like 25+ pages). Maybe you can find more information there.

Jul 4, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #6 of 13
It may be worth waiting for the Fiio E18, which will be optimized for use with Android devices (think of it as a 'Droid HP-P1).

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #8 of 13
Thanks for the Detailed Info Guys. Great Feedback.

In Terms of My Audio Equipment. I use Tritton Triggers for Bass Heavy Music. Poor Choice but they work.

Sure SE535 IEM's for When I want, need a balanced sound.

In Terms of My Music Choice. I mainly Listen to Metal, Rock, Dubstep and Old School Electronics.

So for Me Versatile Dynamic Sound is important. Due to the varying Audio Ranges in my taste of Music.

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #9 of 13
If you've gone to the trouble of getting SE535s, you should DEFINITELY wait for the E18...

:)

Jul 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #11 of 13
USB OTG will give you straight, uncorrupted digital out to use with the USB DAC of your choice (power requirements permitting).

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #12 of 13
USB OTG will give you straight, uncorrupted digital out to use with the USB DAC of your choice (power requirements permitting).

Is there an easy way to find out how to do this?

I found a thread which is 215 pages... here > http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs

..it is just 215 pages! Is there a link to how to do this easily anywhere?

I have good stereos (Naim main / Ion 2nd system and Cyrus on the PC) but I have never used external DAC's before and am relatively new to Computer audio but do have a recent HTC One..

I'm interested in a way to get the HTC to play through a DAC I just bought a MicroMega MyDac...

Any tips or links would be appreciated.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back