HTC Magic, who's getting one?
May 2, 2009 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jonnywolfet

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm really quite exited about getting my HTC Magic delivered today from vodafone. its my first smartphone since owning a nokia 6600 (non fold) and my first gps device.
ever since the 3g iphone came out, i've been coveting my friends devices, but lack of funds and a strange sense of reluctance has held me back from getting one. well, when i started researching possible gps/hsdpa devices about 2 weeks ago, i came across the htc magic. the form factor, android 1.5 os and reasonable price has won me over. the google integration topped it off and now im sitting in bed without headphones on, listening for the door.

cant wait.

who else is getting one?

May 2, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 7
Looks nice. My 2005 model HTC Wizard 110 still works great, and thanks to the strong community behind HTC's phones I have it running the latest WM6.5 RC1 (up from WM5). I'm sure the same will apply to the Magic and Android looks like a very usable OS to me. The community is actually in the initial stages of porting Android to the Wizard now but I don't expect it to perform well with a 195MHz CPU and 64MB of RAM.
tongue.gif

May 6, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 7
I was considering it, but then I decided I can't do without the keyboard. Until they release a 4''+ touchscreen Android phone, it's just too small to use a touchscreen keyboard on. Plus, I don't see any huge advantages of this over the Dream/G1/ADP1.

May 11, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #4 of 7
ok, got my magic with me now and am totally smitten.
the soft keyboard is not an issue at all once that you get used to it. and its deceptively small too!
android is a pleasure to use, and can only really get better!

May 11, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, got my magic with me now and am totally smitten.
the soft keyboard is not an issue at all once that you get used to it. and its deceptively small too!
android is a pleasure to use, and can only really get better!

Nice! Glad you like it!

Even though I'm still not totally interested in it, I'd still like to see them release it in black heh.

May 12, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #6 of 7
Got one. Audio Quality/level is ok (bought the 3.5mm jack/mic cable - neutral sounding. Too bad there is no EQ..maybe in time. The battery cover (the back) seems to have already cracked (approx 1cm line) on the outside surface where the camera rectangle has been cut out..probably a manufacturing flaw (wonder how many others will crack there). Can't seem to find any replacements on eBay or Vodafone at this time. Probably will wait until the black cases are cheap on eBay from China and change the whole enclosure.

May 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #7 of 7
havent tried the sq yet, using buddy runner for my jogs though, which is enough of a reason to have the device imho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back