Htc M9 vs E9+ sound quality
Aug 25, 2017 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mrspis

New Head-Fier
Hello all. I have a pair of Sennheiser OCX 880 in-ear headphones. They sound great, but they have high impedance so its hard to get higher volume. Also currently I'm using Samsung s3 as a source, and i think that the sound can be much better. 880s give great sound, especially at bass and highs, but with s3 the mid range is kinda muddy. Also in future i plan to upgrade the earphones to sound canceling over head headphones, also would like some advice on the best buy options. I have tough of getting Samsung s5, but everywhere i read that Htc gives best sound quality and is also allot louder, so i decided that it is a better option. I'm just confused on which model, with my current budget to get. I read everywhere that m9 has one of the best sound qualities out there, compared only to m10, but nowhere did i found any specific review/comment on the sound quality of e9+. Are they as good as m9, do they give the same or ad least close to same sound quality, and especially loudness. I think my next headphones will have a high impedance so that factor is important. I considered getting an portable amp, and i know it would give a lot better sound, but i just don't like the idea of dragging it with me all the time, maybe in the future. Also is the e9+ even 24bit/192khz? Do they share the same DAC? I really like that e9+ has a bigger screen because i like larger phones, and 5.5 is a perfect size, also the higher resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 for protection. I also like the better camera on the e9+. On gsmarena for m9 it says - 24-bit/192kHz audio, but for e9+ it says only - Dolby audio enhancement so that worries me a little. I did a little digging on that matter and found no info. I'm a dedicated audiophile myself and have a very close to a high-end system, so sound quality is very important to me. I drive allot on the bus and would like to upgrade my sound on the go. Thanks for replies. Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back