HTC 10 vs. Sony Xperia X Performance - DAC/amp sound quality & DAC/amp info
Nov 6, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #16 of 20
  Sharp phones already have that. If you check their acquos line they have phones with near bezeless display. And the xiami mi mix which came out that copied sharp has come up with one thats nearly 90 percent screen. No front facing speakers though that would be kind of hard to do. 

everyone said the z3 had twin dac if you check out the z3 forum thread nothing but positive things coming out in terms of the z3's sound. Yeah, the HTC10 sound quality cannot be replicated by a dac that comes integrated with qualcom. Those tend to be no good at all so I think a dedicated DAC is needed for better sound quality. 

Phonearena and gsm arena are both unreliable. Yeah, the XP has terrible battery life but come on man its not their true flagship!!! hahahah. It's just like a filler phone. You should really sell the XP man and just buy the XZ haha. 

have you tested out the HTc10 yourself btw?

Ok. Well what I'm referring to is this. It's just a concept for now, but rumor has it that it may get implemented sooner than later. Or maybe that's just what I REALLY hope happens? lol The one standout feature is the swipe option to adjust volume (and maybe other things?). See it at 0:30. I just really hope they bring back Classic BoomSound front-facing stereo speakers. Don't need it to be ALL screen. 

Well yeah......the Z3 was ahead of it's time IMO. The XP/XZ......I'm not so sure. Yeah, GOTTA have a dedicated DAC AND a dedicated headphone amp too (and ones for speakers). 

Well, only real difference b/t it and XZ are SLIGHT screen size difference, SLIGHT battery difference, and SLIGHT camera difference (prob the biggest one of the 3, but still not by much at all). So to me it IS a flagship. I mean d*mn aertus, Sony even calls it "The Masterpiece"! What more do you want?? lol F that! Sell my XP so I can have the phone with the SECOND worst battery life instead of the first? No thanks. HTC come on baby..........5.0-5.2" screen (***** phablets!!!! lol), Classic BoomSound, Ocean concept, push camera ONE NOTCH higher in terms of detail.........keep working at increasing battery power, and of course, make sure the 11 ALSO has a great DAC/amp setup like the 10...................HTC 11 here I come!! lol 

Yeah I did. In June I attempted to JUMP from my S7 to HTC 10. Kept 10 for a week and at the time I just wasn't sure I wanted it. Didn't do any comparison tests on sound, but from listening off of it briefly with headphones, it did sound great! But it was pretty brief so not much to go on. It was fast, had a better touchscreen response than my XP (which is known for NOT having a good one; hopefully Nougat update will fix that?), etc. But yeah a week later I returned it and kept my S7 which I didn't send back until XP came out. Then sold S7 and kept XP. I thought the XP was going to be better, but except for camera, it wasn't. Does look nicer than 10, but only on front. Now that I've seen the Topaz Gold 10 though I'd be willing to give it another try. But I prob won't. Most likely I'll just wait to see how the 11 turns out next March/April. 

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #17 of 20

Ok. Well what I'm referring to is this. It's just a concept for now, but rumor has it that it may get implemented sooner than later. Or maybe that's just what I REALLY hope happens? lol The one standout feature is the swipe option to adjust volume (and maybe other things?). See it at 0:30. I just really hope they bring back Classic BoomSound front-facing stereo speakers. Don't need it to be ALL screen. 

Well yeah......the Z3 was ahead of it's time IMO. The XP/XZ......I'm not so sure. Yeah, GOTTA have a dedicated DAC AND a dedicated headphone amp too (and ones for speakers). 

Well, only real difference b/t it and XZ are SLIGHT screen size difference, SLIGHT battery difference, and SLIGHT camera difference (prob the biggest one of the 3, but still not by much at all). So to me it IS a flagship. I mean d*mn aertus, Sony even calls it "The Masterpiece"! What more do you want?? lol F that! Sell my XP so I can have the phone with the SECOND worst battery life instead of the first? No thanks. HTC come on baby..........5.0-5.2" screen (***** phablets!!!! lol), Classic BoomSound, Ocean concept, push camera ONE NOTCH higher in terms of detail.........keep working at increasing battery power, and of course, make sure the 11 ALSO has a great DAC/amp setup like the 10...................HTC 11 here I come!! lol 

Yeah I did. In June I attempted to JUMP from my S7 to HTC 10. Kept 10 for a week and at the time I just wasn't sure I wanted it. Didn't do any comparison tests on sound, but from listening off of it briefly with headphones, it did sound great! But it was pretty brief so not much to go on. It was fast, had a better touchscreen response than my XP (which is known for NOT having a good one; hopefully Nougat update will fix that?), etc. But yeah a week later I returned it and kept my S7 which I didn't send back until XP came out. Then sold S7 and kept XP. I thought the XP was going to be better, but except for camera, it wasn't. Does look nicer than 10, but only on front. Now that I've seen the Topaz Gold 10 though I'd be willing to give it another try. But I prob won't. Most likely I'll just wait to see how the 11 turns out next March/April. 

come on man. Phonearena is baised towards the bigger companies. And the s7 has a problem of heating up and the battery life is worst thanks to its qhd display. THe XZ is the true flagship and while the XP is a flagship in and of itself it's not their "crown jewl" they always reserve that for the septemember. Like comon is the z5 not way better than the z3plus. Yeah, someone from z3plus going to the z5 not much of a difference such is the nature OF ALL companies. But the XZ is undeniable the best phone and its battery life is not bad like phonearena suggest. many reviewers say the battery is just fine and actually above average. I mean not only is the camera technology crazy ahead of its time, but the front facing has as many Megapixels as the rear of the iphone. Not to mention the beautiful alkaleido, great software (beat the op3, s7 in speed tests), and display. They have qnovo battery tech for the battery life which helps. 

I'd say the htc10 is better than the s7 why did you turn it back noo. But idk i might go into the store tomorrow and do a quick test of the Htc10 but I'm not sure how since it might not have any music store? So maybe just youtube test?

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #18 of 20
  come on man. Phonearena is baised towards the bigger companies. And the s7 has a problem of heating up and the battery life is worst thanks to its qhd display. THe XZ is the true flagship and while the XP is a flagship in and of itself it's not their "crown jewl" they always reserve that for the septemember. Like comon is the z5 not way better than the z3plus. Yeah, someone from z3plus going to the z5 not much of a difference such is the nature OF ALL companies. But the XZ is undeniable the best phone and its battery life is not bad like phonearena suggest. many reviewers say the battery is just fine and actually above average. I mean not only is the camera technology crazy ahead of its time, but the front facing has as many Megapixels as the rear of the iphone. Not to mention the beautiful alkaleido, great software (beat the op3, s7 in speed tests), and display. They have qnovo battery tech for the battery life which helps. 

I'd say the htc10 is better than the s7 why did you turn it back noo. But idk i might go into the store tomorrow and do a quick test of the Htc10 but I'm not sure how since it might not have any music store? So maybe just youtube test?

Yeah............when I saw them rate the LG V20 as having poor battery life, I knew something was up with them. lol

I'd have to take a look at what the XZ's battery life is from other sources then. 

I guess it was cuz I felt the S7's camera was still sharper, though still not as color accurate. Now I wish I had kept it but maybe had gotten the Topaz Gold one. I really wanted the XP though, and so I was just killing time with the S7 'til the XP got released. And 2 weeks later, the int'l XP was released. 

I'd check the various phone stores.......the big 4. One of them might still carry it around you. That's what I would do. 

May 11, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #20 of 20
Any idea if the XA ULTRA has the same SQ as the XP/XZ? I read on Sony website that all the Xperia line use an Hi-Res DAC. Didn't know this and haven't heard any yet.

Paulus,

The issue is, a lot of these makers use that term but don't back it up with ACTUAL quality. Being able to process Hi-Res doesn't really mean all that much TBH. Samsung's phones can process Hi-Res but they STILL sound like s*it. lol Sony's phones USED to be fantastic with sound quality (Z series, like my old Z3), but since the X series started last year, they've gone down hill.

See this post through #916 from earlier today and it will cover everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back