HTC 10 DAC Recommendation
Aug 8, 2018 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SoundDouble

Previously known as Nunook
Hi everyone. I've been looking trough a bunch of threads and reviews. Some of which just made me more confused.

I want to get a better source than my HTC 10. I dont want to change phones and I'm hoping you can give some first hand experience, which I am lacking. All my equipment now is mid range efficiency, maybe high sensitivity in the future. I purchased an SMSL idea but it wasn't working with the HTC 10. I did the firmware upgrade but still was giving me problems.

Also I am open to getting a PMP instead of a dac/amp, but I dont wanna spend too much. Maybe ill win the lotto later.

Requirements:
balanced out (prefer 3.5mm)
small but doesn't have to be tiny.
Better soundstage than the HTC 10.
No hiss.

Not Necessary:
bluetooth
high power amp
built in battery

I was looking at the iFi nano BL, but not sure it will give me better soundstage. Some people say oppo ha2 SE is better than the htc 10, and some people say it isn't. Some people love the DFR, and some people don't.

Any help is appreciated.

Aug 13, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 4
Isn't one of the selling points of the HTC 10 its DAC?

Obvious starting points would be a fiio of some description. If you've got a bit more cash though an Oppo ha-2 might be worth looking at?

Aug 14, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you.

After getting some helpful feedback from people on forum I'm going to try the Cayin n5ii. Should be a nice step from the HTC 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back