HT Omega?
Mar 3, 2011 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Anderosai

New Head-Fier
Does anybody have any formal or professional opinions on the HT Omega line of soundcards? I have had the Striker but am wanting to upgrade - but I don't know much about the newer ones. 

I've heard about some recommendations on the Asus STX soundcard but other than that I haven't heard much on any of the other soundcards. 

Are any of them capable of listening to devices such as PS3s to allow for headphone listening? Is the amp / opamp that great? 

Any input would be helpful. 

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #2 of 4
It sucks.  Move on.

Okay, I'm kidding, I don't know, lol.

A guy I know would go on and on about the Omega Claro or something.  Did a lot of opamp rolling in it.

Mar 4, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 4
Yea, I remember seeing a head-fier with the name "haloxt" and I believe he has done a lot of stuff with the HT Omega soundcard(s).

I have the Claro Halo and the sound is pretty amazing. I went from HD-555's + Soundblaster Audigy 2 ----> HD-600's and Claro Halo soundcard and it pretty much roundhouse kicked my old setup into the ground.  The stock op-amps for it are fine, but not the greatest.  I know the ASUS Xonar soundcards gets mentioned a lot here in this section, but just do some more reading and side-by-side comparison to get to your final conclusion.  I would also check the reviews on newgg too.

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #4 of 4
Alright. I also have the HD600s. 

Is it possible to use the optical input to feed the audio from a game console such as a PS3 through , which would then be outputted through the front speakers / headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back