HT Omega eClaro vs JDS Labs O2 + DAC
Jan 5, 2015 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Poisoner

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to replace my X-Fi Titanium HD and I am torn between these two choices.  I mostly game but I do listen to music on occasion.  Does anyone here have experience with either on of these devices?  Sound quality is the most important thing to me.

Jan 6, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 6
  I'm looking to replace my X-Fi Titanium HD and I am torn between these two choices.  I mostly game but I do listen to music on occasion.  Does anyone here have experience with either on of these devices?  Sound quality is the most important thing to me.

Hopefully you disabled the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, when you installed the Ti-HD (Titanium-HD).
The Ti-HD comes with a nice PCM1794 DAC chip and fairly decent op-amps.
Your better off keeping the Titanium-HD and connecting an external headphone amplifier (O2?) to the Ti-HD's RCA jack.
What headphones do you have?

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #4 of 6
Hopefully you disabled the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, when you installed the Ti-HD (Titanium-HD).
The Ti-HD comes with a nice PCM1794 DAC chip and fairly decent op-amps.
Your better off keeping the Titanium-HD and connecting an external headphone amplifier (O2?) to the Ti-HD's RCA jack.
What headphones do you have?

Sennheiser hd 280 pro. My ti-hd seems to be on its way out. If it's not the card then it might be the pcie 1x slot. But I'm not completely sure. Maybe I'll try it in a full pcie slot this weekend.

And yes on board audio was disabled in bios

Jan 7, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #5 of 6
Sennheiser HD280 pro. My Ti-HD seems to be on its way out. If it's not the card then it might be the pci-e 1x slot. But I'm not completely sure. Maybe I'll try it in a full pci-e slot this weekend.
And yes on board audio was disabled in bios

Be a shame if you had to replace the Ti-HD.
Maybe clear out all the Creative software and move the Ti-HD to a difference PCI-E slot, then do a fresh install of the Creative software.
To me, with your current setup, the best way to improve the audio is to upgrade from the HD280s.

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #6 of 6
Be a shame if you had to replace the Ti-HD.
Maybe clear out all the Creative software and move the Ti-HD to a difference PCI-E slot, then do a fresh install of the Creative software.
To me, with your current setup, the best way to improve the audio is to upgrade from the HD280s.

What would be a good set of headphones to upgrade too? I listen to a broad range of music that mostly consists of Christian metal and Spanish pop. But I do sneak in some rap on occasion. My only wish is something that doesn't have overwhelming bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back