HT Omega Claro+ VS Asus Xonar D2X
Dec 29, 2008 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Alai

500+ Head-Fier
I am debating between the two of these cards because I have heard such good things about them and they are only about $20 apart, give or take $10. I have both PCI and PCIE slots open, therefore, that is not an issue. Both have the virtual surround sound technology which is one of the key things I am looking for. As far as I can see, only the EAX features of the Xonar D2X trump the Claro+. Otherwise, they are both comparable/similar quality in every department.

Is this the case? If so, I might just opt for the Claro+. Or even the Claro since that would be an extra $30 cheaper or so. I only plan on going 5.2 maximum. I don't see any need to go higher because I doubt my wallet could handle it and my ears could tell the difference.

Jan 3, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 4
Bump

Jan 3, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 4
Similar debate has been here in the forum for long... perhaps some search will help.

I personally perfer Asus Xonar, because:
1. Package content
2. Driver update capability
3. New products meets my needs..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by audionewbieyao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Similar debate has been here in the forum for long... perhaps some search will help.

I personally perfer Asus Xonar, because:
1. Package content
2. Driver update capability
3. New products meets my needs..
smily_headphones1.gif

4. Asus lists true performance

One other important reason is that Asus is one of the few audio companies that value their product spec (according to Robscix..
smily_headphones1.gif
. Many other company only list component max. spec, instead of the true final product spec, and that's a big thing to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back