HRT Music Streamer II Settings Question
Feb 20, 2012 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

CloakedMistborn

New Head-Fier
I just purchased a MSII it is my first DAC. The set up guide on the HRT website says that:

"From the "Default Format" pull down, select the data rate which is 
appropriate for the material you will be playing (in most cases, this will be
"24 bit, 44100 Hz (Studio Quality)".  

I do have some music that is 24/96 that I recently downloaded in FLAC so I changed the format to listen to that music, since it wouldn't play otherwise. I noticed the LED on the back of the DAC switched when I adjusted it and played it beautifully. I left it in that configuration and it also played all my 24/44 music and the LED light didn't change from 24/96 is this a bad thing? Do I need to switch it back to the 24/44 setting? I don't know if this was confusing question or not, I simply am a noob at all this and don't really understand. If I leave it on 24/96 does it upsample or something? Does that diminish the quality?

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm far from an expert of this, but just leave it at 24/96, I'm guessing it sound good as it is?

Mar 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #4 of 5
i used mediamonkey plus asio4all win7

just make sure win 7 u set sound in exclusive mode, mediamonkey tool options output select asio4all with no resampling and asio4all adjust for latency

music streamer II can handle 44 48 88 96 files and appropriate lights will show you the bit rate accepted

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #5 of 5
I am not sure if this woud solve your problem.  But using bit perfect player (such as Audirvana, Fidelia...) would automatically change bit and sampling rate according to your music.  In order word, you do not have to worry about those settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back