HRT Music Streamer II problems
Mar 5, 2013 at 6:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sandstorm810

New Head-Fier
So I've been having problems with my Music Streamer II lately. When I have it set up as MacBook Pro -> MSII -> O2 -> headphones, I experience problems. Sometimes it will completely stop working (leds go out, not recognized by the computer at all) until I unplug the USB cable and replug it.  Then it will usually work for a few seconds again and quit.  Sometimes, it will keep working but output some nasty crackling sounds when playing music.  The strange thing is, sometimes it seems to quit working as soon as I stand up and move with my headphones on (which I have no explanation for whatsoever).

I've tried looking up solutions, and it seems that for others, running it through a powered USB hub will do the trick, but this didn't change anything for me.  Does anybody else know what's going on? Or has anyone experienced anything similar?

Mar 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 2
I had mine at work plugged into the dock for my laptop, so it was powered at all times. It worked perfectly in terms of maintaining the connection. Recently moved it to a port on the laptop. Now when the computer restarts, the dac is often forgotten.

At home I had a MSII hooked up to my macbook pro. Every once in a while, when waking the computer, i have to unplug/replug in the dac, but I've never had it quit in the middle of playing music.

Maybe check power settings? Make sure you're on 'never sleep', etc when on AC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back