Hrt Music Streamer 2+
Oct 30, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #3 of 13
No problems for my + and Macbook Pro.  Are you using PC or Mac?  If your using a Mac, open up the system preferences and click audio, then make sure the HRT is highlighted as the digital out.

Nov 19, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #8 of 13
FWIW, under Ubuntu I had to go into sound settings to tell it to use the usb out for my Streamer II+.

I'm assuming you're on Windows - you may need to tell the system to use the usb out, though if memory serves it *should* be p n' p.

s. 

Nov 20, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #9 of 13
Try using a powered USB hub if you are not doing so already.  I have the Music Streamer II with a Mac Mini and it wasn't getting enough juice from the Mini's USB ports and would cut out after a few minutes.  I got a powered 4-port USB hub and connected the HRT to that.  Works fine now.  This is a known issue with the II, not sure about the II+.  Some folk on the internets have also reported that some computer USB ports have more juice than others, even on the same 'puter.  ymmv.

Nov 20, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #11 of 13
Could be the USB port itself. I know on my Asus Eee PC 1201N, I have two ports that stay on all the time, and one that turns off when I power down. Something about 5V vs another. Not exactly sure on the values. In short, try a different port.

Nov 22, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #12 of 13
Trying a different port has helped some. I still find myself rebooting from time to time. I thank you for your reply. Also all the others who have piped up to give advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back