HRT Music Streamer 2 issue
Feb 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Time 2 Bass

New Head-Fier

Hi,

Finally got my setup. I connected HRT MS2 to Little Dot MK 3 and turned both devices on. What I heard in the headphones (HD650) was horrible. The sound was hanging (lags) and there were many scratches, like electronic sound scratches. Have you got such kind of issues with your device? Would you advise me anything?

Thank you,
-A

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi, 

I had a similar issue (not sure if it is the same as yours); I was getting "popping" at seemingly random points in time, but easily regularly enough to make it a deal breaker. So I spoke to Kevin from HRT (very helpful person) and he recommended a mains powered usb hub, since some usb ports don't have quite enough juice (first, try swapping the usb port on your pc/mac, as some usb ports apparently differ even on the same machine). I bought a DUB-H4 4-PORT USB 2.0 HUB and it instantly solved my problem. I run Ubuntu, just for the record. 

Edited for typos

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 4
A long-standing issue, and certainly not restricted to the MSII. I dont have any problems under Linux Mint, but 64-bit Win7 must be trying to do something in the background at certain times, resulting in the sort of totally crap audio experience you describe.

Best computer-as-music-server experience I have had was with my old netbook - removed the hard drive and ran Linux straight from a USB key. Bliss.

Command-line mpd isnt going to be everyone's cup of tea, but it was fantastic to know that my system was completely dedicated to serving my music.

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #4 of 4
You do not say what is feeding the HRT MSII as that information would be necessary to help you.

Meanwhile, as mentioned you can contact them directly, they have excellent tech support at:

www.hirestech.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back