HRT Microstreamer USB DAC
Sep 23, 2013 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Hypermale

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I was considering buying a USB DAC (probably the HRT Microstreamer as it tends to get excellent reviews) and was wondering how much this would improve the audio quality from my laptop (a cheap Lenovo), ie. would it be noticeable? All my music has been ripped from CDs to iTunes as AAC files at 320kbps, 44.1kHz or recently I have switched to using Apple lossless. My headphones are AKG K550.

Thanks.

Oct 10, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #2 of 3
I actually just purchased one of these and can attest to it offering a much clearer, balanced and more defined sound than my laptop! 

However I actually purchased it for use with my Samsung Galaxy S3 and I am experiencing pretty awful audio anomalies (clicks and cracks) which is very disappointing. 

Works flawlessly on the laptop though and definitely an improvement.

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #3 of 3
  Hi,

I was considering buying a USB DAC (probably the HRT Microstreamer as it tends to get excellent reviews) and was wondering how much this would improve the audio quality from my laptop (a cheap Lenovo), ie. would it be noticeable? All my music has been ripped from CDs to iTunes as AAC files at 320kbps, 44.1kHz or recently I have switched to using Apple lossless. My headphones are AKG K550.

Thanks.

I think it's a great upgrade, and should make a big difference with your AKGs. Totally worthwhile in my mind, as the Microstreamer's a nice bargain. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back