HRT HeadStreamer Firmware
Nov 18, 2021 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

LifeisinaBlink

New Head-Fier
Hello!
I have been a lurker for a couple of years on this forum and truly appreciate the wealth and depth of knowledge that members of this community impart. In the last 2.5 years, I went from having an old pair of Sony 7506 headphones and my computer to over a dozen dacs, 40 headphones, and 8 amplifiers (COVID allowed my collection to bloom a little too much). I absolutely love checking out gear being recommended on here; it's been a wonderful hobby to get into.

I have started to grow a taste for older equipment (ESS dacs are starting to bore me and AKM sounds too dry to me). Recently, I was reading up on HRT and how their DACs were solid and well-built. I was able to grab the HeadStreamer model off of Ebay for fairly cheap and I love the way it sounds. Unfortunately, it has a bit of skipping/popping when playing music, so I visited the still functioning site (although it seems like HRT is defunct) in hopes of finding firmware. The site does contain their updater program ("UpStream"), but it no longer contains any firmware for the HeadStreamer. Using the "USBView" program from their site, I see that my unit is under firmware 1.5. From what I have been able to gather from extremely old posts on here, the last update might have been 1.8.

Question: I know this is an extreme long shot, but does anyone on here have some of the later .bin files needed to update the HeadStreamer?

I appreciate your time!

Apr 29, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #4 of 7
Someone must have these files, maybe an ex-employee ( I have reached out to 2 of them on linked in, lets see)
Or a user that saved them...
I find it frustrating that when these companies go bust they don't put the files in a public place.

Apr 29, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #5 of 7
Someone must have these files, maybe an ex-employee ( I have reached out to 2 of them on linked in, lets see)
Or a user that saved them...
I find it frustrating that when these companies go bust they don't put the files in a public place.
Here it is, actually it was on their website with broken link

Be carefull, mine was not a "Headstreamer" but a "headstreamer mobile", different file.
The tool will warn you if you are using a bin that is not for your device. But give you are at 1.5, you have a "Headstreamer"

Attachments

• HRT.zip
    510.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back