HPDAC2 and HPDAC3
Aug 24, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #16 of 21
They look great, and I know the feeling well about starting something you've then got to finish. Horrible time sink for me too
wink.gif
. Good to see that you're still willing to go through with things once the fun stuff is done too.

If I hadn't just ordered an Opus this morning I might offer to take a board off your hands. I failed at getting my HPDACv1 working and still can't figure out why, I'm pretty sure I soldered everything fine - and would like another crack at it. If this ever picks up enough momentum for it to be worth a production run I'd probably grab one of each, or at least an HPDAC2 for the laptop rig...

Oh, and I'm not sure what's up with your webserver, but if you need a place to host anything indefinitely while you get things up and running again, drop me a PM and I'll set you up. I don't get anything close to my money's worth for my colocation...

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by error401 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I failed at getting my HPDACv1 working and still can't figure out why, I'm pretty sure I soldered everything fine - and would like another crack at it.

You should email me. I can probably help you get it going. The part that can present some real issues is the dc-dc converter, but there is a pretty easy way to attach wall power if it comes to that. Other than that, I may be able to spot something -- I've built a few of them.

Quote:

Oh, and I'm not sure what's up with your webserver, but if you need a place to host anything indefinitely while you get things up and running again, drop me a PM and I'll set you up. I don't get anything close to my money's worth for my colocation...

Thanks for the offer. If this drags out too long, I may take you up on it. Basically, the ISP, for no particular reason (obviously it is a longer story than that, but it really is their fault), disconnected the line. They say it will take 3 to 5 days to reconnect ... maybe. Otherwise it will take 8 to 10.

Anyway, since I never get to talk about my server, I'd just like to mention that it is an unmodified (other than the addition of a network card) Packard Bell from 1995 (original memory, original HDD) running FreeBSD/Apache2/mod_python. I think it is a Pentium 150 ... might be a 133. I have a stack of newer computers complete with RAID5 arrays and faster processors and more memory and the like, but I enjoy the challenge of using a computer that was terrible when it was new 12 years ago. This might be a good opportunity to switch though.

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsavitsk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should email me. I can probably help you get it going. The part that can present some real issues is the dc-dc converter, but there is a pretty easy way to attach wall power if it comes to that. Other than that, I may be able to spot something -- I've built a few of them.

I think the DC-DC was indeed the issue; I couldn't get the output to come up and it got very hot. Replaced it and checked the other power circuit components a few hundred times though...

I ended up getting frustrated and removed the PCM2707, in the process ruining most of the PCB pads, so the board's shot. Appreciate the offer though
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #19 of 21
Hi dsavitsk,

I am not able to find the HPDAC2 and 3 on your site ecp.cc. What do I have to do....to build my own HPDAC3? Do you have BOM list, Gerber files, building instructions and do you sell PCBs?

best regards (and thanks for your DAC design)

Alan
Stuttgart-Germany

Oct 3, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #21 of 21
Do you have the resistor and capacitor values on the I/V section of the HPDAC2? And are those polarized caps going in to the opamp in that section?

I'm looking to take a shot at designing/building something very similar to what you've got here (without the headphone amp portion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back