HPALABS 2134 Cmoy with permanent bass boost
Jun 6, 2012 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ruinevil

New Head-Fier
So I bought one of these from Deb's Extra on Ebay. I believe it basically overstock from the hpalabs username, since Deb's Extra appears to be located in the same town as hpalabs, and also I recently saw an message from hpalabs on head-fi that was signed Deb. It was a pretty good deal at $26.00 plus USPS Priority shipping, and it even came with a Duracell battery.

It is in a Peppermint Altoid container, has red square looking capacitors, and tiny resistors that look painful to install. My only real issue with them is the headphone and input jacks, which are only glued to the PCB. They do not appear durable. The 2134 is soldered directly into the board, so opamp rolling will be a destructive endevour. 

I am using them to power my DT770-80s, and am using a CM108 based Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Amigo (its like 6 or 7 years old) as a source with foobar going to asio4all.

I have had them for about a month, and have been listening for a few hours a day, and I think it sounds pretty awesome. It is at the very least, better than my USB sound card. It even makes my iKosdo's sound pretty good. I do not see the loss of bass clarity that tangentsoft is talking about, but that may be due to the bass boost. When I have more experience, I might try to describe what it sounds like better, but I can currently hear things in music that I never noticed before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back