HP890 hysteria hits down under!!!
May 15, 2002 at 6:37 AM Post #16 of 23
Depends on many factors. What your driving the headphones with. What styles the mp3s are. All in all they will sound worse when played through headphones. The extra clarity and detail you receive from having cans pointed right into your ears is something you can only experience. But whether or not they will sound bad is up to your ears to decide.

May 15, 2002 at 6:38 AM Post #17 of 23
Paulzy, 192kbps isnt bad. vbr 320k is better and lossless is even better but ultimately it will depend on your sound card/external solution.

May 16, 2002 at 12:54 PM Post #20 of 23
LAN's (Lamers And Nerds) are bad enough as it is, but I would LMAO to see a bunch of geeks from OCAU sitting around playing CS with HP-890's on and looking at their gay pron

btw why bother getting HP-890's for 128 mp3's and gaming...seriously...
it just shows the flaws and poor sound quality in mp3s and any cheap buds are sufficient for gaming, and generally provide better locational sound (or so I've found - $10 sony earbuds are easier to position ppl with than 890's)

May 16, 2002 at 11:56 PM Post #21 of 23
LOL great post
biggrin.gif
that's the spirit!

i guess those people reckon they are audiophile now, since they have a pair of respectable headphones.. pity about their source - computer or personal cdp

May 17, 2002 at 11:09 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by nanaki
LAN's (Lamers And Nerds) are bad enough as it is, but I would LMAO to see a bunch of geeks from OCAU sitting around playing CS with HP-890's on and looking at their gay pron

For someone who obviously spends an unhealthy amount of time in front of a computer I find it rather amusing that you criticize others as being lamers, nerds and geeks....

And what is now your second "homosexual" reference, prompts me to suggest that you explore your interest in the subject in a more appropriate venue... perhaps some kind of "sex chat room".

This is a headphone forum....

May 20, 2002 at 6:46 PM Post #23 of 23
i got my tb santa cruz tonday, mmm this does piss all over my sb live, i thought i was my mp3 that were crap when they were distored at higher volumes but they sound much better perfect now.

anyone use the dfx plugin for winamp? i think its pretty good but not for all kinds of music.

ill probably get the hp980s when i get more money using koss ksc35s now, not very good for games. and i believe the philips would be better for positioning sound than sony earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back