HP3000s! (56K warning)
Jul 15, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #16 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
One more piece of eye candy:

15.jpg

The wood is absolutely beautiful. I heard some CD3000 once, which really didn't impress me that much, not that they were bad though, and I wonder how those are sounding.

So pro head-fiers don't take off the cans, they take off their heads.
tongue.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #17 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
The wood is absolutely beautiful. I heard some CD3000 once, which really didn't impress me that much, not that they were bad though, and I wonder how those are sounding.

So pro head-fiers don't take off the cans, they take off their heads.
tongue.gif

I bet they kick butt- they have Joe Grado HP1000 drivers in them now!

Jul 15, 2005 at 9:48 PM Post #18 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I bet they kick butt- they have Joe Grado HP1000 drivers in them now!

Good lord I want them.

Jul 15, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

Here are some photos I just received from Larry at Headphile of my new HP3000s (done in Bloodwood). They will be here in time for our Ft. Worth meet.

[size=xx-small](mental note)[/size] Must move to the States... [size=xx-small](/mental note)[/size] Beautifull cans bahamaman - Congrats!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #21 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
Good lord I want them.

Yep, it's a clever visual motif - the silver mesh is the exact size of the Grado mesh housing
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #22 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHoboFest
how much did everything cost in total, the original headphone, the woodying, the new drivers...

Uh, is it ok that I decline to comment? No seriously, I paid a few bucks above market maybe on the CD3000s, but not a bad price considering their excellent condition (thanks again carterondrums!).

As far as Larry's part, it is so dependent on what you go with (length of cable, type of cable, type of wood). And I'm sure you can understand that the scarcity of HP drivers plays an important part of their cost.

How about this - for Larry's part, they're less than some new K1000s and more than some Senn HD650s. Somewhere in that range.

Jul 15, 2005 at 10:17 PM Post #24 of 48
Quote:

As far as Larry's part, it is so dependent on what you go with (length of cable, type of cable, type of wood). And I'm sure you can understand that the scarcity of HP drivers plays an important part of their cost.

That is so true. It is so dependent on what you get. As for Larry's labor he has to do so much that he's not even getting paid a premium he deserves. It has been worth it both times I've been able to get cans from him.

Jul 15, 2005 at 10:20 PM Post #25 of 48
Those poor grado's, trapped inside a sony, and trust me they want out.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just joking, they look really sweet.

Biggie.

Jul 15, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #26 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHoboFest
how do they compare to lets say Qualias if they go to that price range.

More a like 1/4 the price of the Q! Less if you have the CD3k shell.

Jul 15, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #29 of 48
Oh, I see the misunderstanding. Larry has the drivers (though I don't know how many he still has). Why not get in touch with him. He is such a cool guy. And patient? I cannot tell you how many emails I've sent (sorry, Larry!). Nor how many times I went back and forth between which wood to use, whether to give up finding any CD3K and do the HP mod to my 770/80s, etc. etc.

But, through it all, he maintained a wonderfully helpful attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back