HP Stream 200-010 Mini
Jan 8, 2015 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rschoi75

100+ Head-Fier
I hope this is OK to post. I just read about HP's new sub-$200 windows 8 pc called the HP Stream 200-010 Mini. This is HP's budget conscious reply to the mac mini. 
This most likely will be a huge seller based on price & form factor. 

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2015/2015CES/StreamMiniDesktop.pdf

Product overview
• Full features in a small footprint: Get full-sized desktop features, like Windows 8.1, a powerful
Intel processor, and dual monitor support, in a surprisingly tiny package.(1)
• Cloud storage included: Primed for cloud productivity with 200GB of OneDrive storage for 2
years, plus a speedy 32GB solid-state hard drive for the essentials.(25b)
• Ready to go: Easy to set up. Connect to any HDMI-compatible monitor or TV.

Key specifications
• Operating System: Windows 8.1 with Bing(1)
• Processor: Intel® Celeron® processor 2957U(2b)
• Memory: 2GB PC3-12800 DDR3L-1600 SDRAM memory (3) 1X2GB
• Solid state drive: 32GB M.2 SATA Solid State Drive
• Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics(16)
• Keyboard and mouse: USB keyboard with volume control and optical mouse
• USB ports: 4 (4 x 3.0)
• Wireless: Integrated Bluetooth® 4.0 and Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n featuring 2.4GHz 1x1
technology(19)(26)
• Warranty: 1 year limited PC hardware warranty

Product features
• Featuring Windows 8.1with Bing
• Dual displays. Perfect for productivity: Add a second display for a more immersive computing
experience.
• HP Solid-State Drive: Load your games fast with a quick and efficient HP Solid-State Drive.
• Packed with ports: Connect to displays, printers, devices and more with ease. No dongles
required.
• Tiny. Energy Efficient. Feature rich. Get all the features you expect in a tower, using only 45
watts of power.
• Windows Store gift card included: Buy apps, games, music, movies, and more from the online
Windows Store.(66)
• HP Free Setup Service: Easily set up your PC with trained and certified agents.(89)
• HP Connected Drive: It’s your data. Do what you want with it. With HP Connected Drive, access
everything. Find anything. Collect what matters.(41)
• HP Connected Photo: Enjoy your photos with access from any device, all in one place. Easily
access photos across your PC and mobile devices, then celebrate your memories with photo
cards, gifts, and prints.(37)
• HP Connected Music: Listen to music from multiple sources – all from one app. Enjoy your local
music and iTunes library together with streaming services, including an exclusive integrated Beats
Music experience.(38)
• Dropbox: Get 25GB of free online storage for six months with Dropbox.(22)
• McAfee® LiveSafe™: Protect your PC from dangerous online threats with a free 30-day McAfee
LiveSafe
trial.(8) 

* Information taken from HP product sheet

Aug 3, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #3 of 3
Curious if anyone has tried the HP Stream Mini feeding a high end DAC. I really like the fanless design, the price, the size and that it is not something I need to cobble together.I am tired of fan noise when I am doing critical listening. With Jriver, I could control it with my Gizmo phone app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back