HP recommendation wanted from Little Dot owners
Feb 16, 2016 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

GnuB

100+ Head-Fier
I am interested in hearing recommendations from Little Dot amp owners for headphones that would be complimentary to my existing HD580s and DT880s.  I also have the ATH-M50x headphone but I find myself not listening to them much.   I favor a warm sound with forward vocals and wide soundstage.  The headphones must be compatible with my Little Dot III headphone amp and Aune T1 DAC (although I am looking at other DAC options).  I am intrigued by the Massdrop AKG-K7xx but several posts indicate that their 62 ohm impedance might not be a good match for the LD III and the sound signature may not be significantly different than the DT880s.  I would not spend more than $400 and would probably give more weight to value over an esoteric model and the choice should be in line with the level of sophistication of the rest of the system.

May 4, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 2
I attended a Head-Fi meet near St. Louis and auditioned several flagship headphones (HiFiMan, Stax, AKG, Beyer, Mr. Speakers, and Sennheiser) and while all were a league above my current crop of phones, I kept going back to the Sennheiser HD800's.  

I would not spend more than $400 and would probably give more weight to value over an esoteric model and the choice should be in line with the level of sophistication of the rest of the system.

Well I blew that budget out of the water and bought the HD800's.  They pair well with the Little Dot III and sound amazing.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back