HP I-pod
Mar 17, 2005 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 6
Standard iPods work fine with the PC. The HP model is basically branding/cross marketing. Originally it was going to also be a different color (blue), till everyone realized the original looked better/would sell better. You can sometimes find the HPs cheaper though (at least before recent Apple price decreases), because of allowing sales, etc.

Also see here.

One plus of the normal iPod, if you live near an Apple store, they will help deal with a problem/give a replacement.

If you can afford $50 more, the 30GB Photo is great. Extra battery life is nice. See specs here.

Mar 17, 2005 at 4:03 PM Post #3 of 6
I was checking out the photo 30 gig but I can get a 20 for $269 which is over $80 cheaper than the photo. Now if you could take pictures with the photo...

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Standard iPods work fine with the PC. The HP model is basically branding/cross marketing. Originally it was going to also be a different color (blue), till everyone realized the original looked better/would sell better. You can sometimes find the HPs cheaper though (at least before recent Apple price decreases), because of allowing sales, etc.

Also see here.

One plus of the normal iPod, if you live near an Apple store, they will help deal with a problem/give a replacement.

If you can afford $50 more, the 30GB Photo is great. Extra battery life is nice. See specs here.

Mar 17, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 6
Fred, I've got the 20GB HP iPod and it's fantastic. The only differences between it and the Apple version are that the HP version is Windows only, has a longer warranty through HP and not Apple, and can be found cheaper. Don't hesitate to pull the trigger if you find a great deal.

Best wishes.

Mar 17, 2005 at 8:02 PM Post #5 of 6
HP version can be used on a mac... it just doesn't include mac software in the box

Mar 17, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 6
It also doesn't have a longer warranty. That gets repeated a lot. Not sure why. One year for both.

One difference is iPod tattoos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back