hp for 2move?
Aug 24, 2008 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ub3rMario

500+ Head-Fier
What's a good mid to higher end set of cans that would go with the 2move? I already have a denon d1001k (will be recabled within the week), and a ms1. I kind of wanna try the dt880 but i hear it's too hard to power with a portable amp.

I think i wanna do an open can because the d1001k can be my bassier hp. I listen to everything except country and pop.

I'd like to keep the price around 200-250 (or less if you have some deal you wanna share with me haha). All input is appreciated!

Aug 24, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 6
I'm happy with the 2MOVE and my HD580s, but I have little to compare this combo to. I have had some problems with noise, but this is related to the recording, not the headphones. The separation and detail are good. Sometimes I wish there were a little more bass, but I don't think the bass could truly be called lacking-maybe just reserved.

As you probably know, the HD580 is discontinued, but can be found here or on Ebay for around 150-200 fairly easily. I'm assuming the HD600 would be similarly compatible, but someone else should be able to tell you for sure. Good luck.

Aug 24, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #3 of 6
Hey fellow seattleite!

I'm under the impression that the hd580s are basically an older version of the hd600. Is that right?

I've been hesitent to try a higher up senn because i hear about veil and how it's laid back. I wanna try something with a bigger soundstage but isn't...boring like i'm listening at a concert from the farthest distance possible.

Aug 24, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey fellow seattleite!

I'm under the impression that the hd580s are basically an older version of the hd600. Is that right?

I've been hesitent to try a higher up senn because i hear about veil and how it's laid back. I wanna try something with a bigger soundstage but isn't...boring like i'm listening at a concert from the farthest distance possible.

I didn't even notice where you were from at first. Yes, the HD580s and HD600s are supposedly very similar-same driver, different enclosure is the most common consensus. I've never heard the HD600s, but I think on this one, it's safe to believe what you read. However, you have to take into account the "old" 600s v. the "new" 600s and I don't know the scuttlebutt (sp?) on that, but there is a thread or two on just this very subject.

I can hear the "veil," but it doesn't bother me enough to make a change right now and I'm not so sure there aren't certain effects (mostly lack of harshness) caused by the veil that make the Sennheiser line appealing to me.
As always, the best way to decide if you like something (in the audiophile world anyway) is to try it. Magnolia probably has Hd600s and there is a meet coming up soon.

Aug 24, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #5 of 6
last time i went to magnolia hi-fi in southcenter, the "best" headphone they had according to their guy was the hd555. it really was the best they had there seeing as all they had was this tiny wall with about 6 cans. Kinda depressing.

Yeah i know there's a meet comin up...but i'm antsy haha. Haven't heard anything further about it still.

Aug 24, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #6 of 6
bumper boat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back