HP COMPAQ 6730s laptop battery problem
Sep 25, 2012 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lisya

New Head-Fier
I have had my laptop for about a year and seven months now and my computer is not recognizing a battery charge. But it will run. When it is charging (with the charger plugged in) it has the charger symbol but with an "X" over the battery with it saying there is no charge in it. And when I take the charger out it says the battery is full but it has the flashing "X" like the battery needs to be plugged into the charger because  the battery is running low. Any suggestions would help and thank you for all that answer.

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 3
If it is charging then it may be a recent update or something that is messing with the battery status app but if it doesn't charge then it is a sign that your battery is dieing

Sep 26, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 3
I am the HP laptop bad battery expert today. I am on my FOURTH aftermarket replacement battery, which I am charging overnight to see if it will work. I have an old HP nx9420, and the original battery is totally dead. I bought and returned three "new" batteries so far, and none of them worked well. I couldn't get more than 60 minutes of charge, one of them wasn't even recognized by the laptop, and one of them would just shut down my laptop after 40 minutes with no warning. I'm hoping that it's just my bad luck.

Anyway, your battery sounds like it's dead, too. A year and seven months sounds about right, especially if you used it a lot and didn't "condition" it every now and then by fully charging and discharging it. Try to download and run the HP Battery Check software and see what that tells you. That confirmed for me that the replacement batteries I bought were no good. I am going to try my fourth battery tomorrow.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back