HP Beats Audio?
Nov 23, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
Quote:

I think you may have a bum unit. My Shure IEMs show me no hiss anywhere on my TouchPad. The iPad 1 had horrible problems with the headphone port, especially loud EMI hum. iPad 2 is clean.

I actually got ahold of another touchpad and found it does the same thing. The hissing isnt a problem with less sensetive headphones, but I definitely notice it on my triple.fi's. Guess I'll just live with it :/

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #18 of 20
My HP desktop has Beats Audio. I tried messing with it for awhile, but decided it was better with everything off, and even better when I didnt use it at all and gave sound duties to my E7. :D

Its definitely worthwhile checking if you wanna EQ, but I prefer to leave my source unaltered.

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #19 of 20
My buddy who works at tiger direct was able to get a hold of hp beats laptop and take it apart...apparently it's just integrated sound with an equalizer with an overpriced tag =/

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #20 of 20

Quote:
My buddy who works at tiger direct was able to get a hold of hp beats laptop and take it apart...apparently it's just integrated sound with an equalizer with an overpriced tag =/

Thought so. They probably didn't even change the onboard sound. What I would do to be able to change out my soundcard for something like an Asus Xonar...
Then again, coming from someone who owns a pre-Beats HP laptop, I shouldn't complain. It's not terrible and the EQ interface is actually pleasant to use-providing you set up a nice background with good contrast. I'm considering selling and just building a more powerful rig, but I can't go without a laptop sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back