HP-2's n'flatts- GROOVIN!
Nov 20, 2005 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Rhydon

MOT: Symphones
Thought i would do a forced listen with the flatts today, im a bowl guy, always prefered the more "accurate/balanced" sound of bowls. But i found after listening to the HP-2 with flatts for a while, my god, they sound awesome! The midrange is slightly more congested, the bass not as sloid, but now i can hear that magic that so many people talk about with flatts
rs1smile.gif

Going back to the bowls, i hear more midrange resolution, slightly more accurate bass (not as boomy), imaging and soundstage improvements, but still, it lacks that dynamic emotional pratt the flatts have!

- just a personal discovery

Until next time
-Rhydon

Nov 20, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
I drool everytime you write about those cans. Are the HP-2's and HP-1000's one in the same?
confused.gif

Indeed. The "HP1000" refers to the driver shared by the HP1, HP2, and HP3.

Nov 20, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek

and sometimes the SR100 and SR200 (possibly SR300?) but not always. Those drivers really love flat pads.

Nov 20, 2005 at 2:21 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek

So then, if you don't mind helping me out, what is the order of lower to higher end of the three?
wink.gif

Nov 20, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
So then, if you don't mind helping me out, what is the order of lower to higher end of the three?
wink.gif

the HP-1 and the HP-2 are the same except that the HP-1 has a polarity switch that the HP-2 doesn't. the HP-3 is supposed to be an HP-2 with drivers that weren't matched as well as the HP-2, but the recent Grado interviews that Zanth conducted suggest that most of the HP-3s were exactly the same as HP-2s, just with a different label.

Nov 20, 2005 at 2:35 AM Post #11 of 15
The HP-2 seems to be the most popular of the HP-1000 line. Being in the middle in terms of aesthetics and function, while still having the sound of the top tier HP-1. Personally i have no use for the HP-1 phase switches and i dont like the idea of a sub-par sounding headphone (HP-3), so the HP-2 only seemed logical.

Also, dont get me wrong, but wernt there more HP-2's then HP-1's?

Rhydon

Nov 20, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #12 of 15
Darn it, you guys aren't making it easier for me to procrastinate on the Todd flats. I'm going back to listening to my bowls for now.
frown.gif

I definitely see (hear) how the flats could enhance bass response... I turn the volume up higher with bowls to get the bass "warmth" on pop and rock music. No wonder people get hearing damage with bowls + Grados.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back