How Would You Describe Classical Period?
Feb 23, 2013 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Axesd

Head-Fier
I am doing a little study on my own in the classical period. I am looking for ONE SINGLE WORD to describe classical period as in general. Beautiful? Musical? Sorrow? WHAT?

One topic that came into my mind is that, is Beethoven more superior than Mozart?

I like to go with Beethoven since he was still writing after being deaf. I am still reading a bunch of stuffs online to go further on this topic.

Would you mind to chip in any thoughts in your mind?

Feb 23, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
I am doing a little study on my own in the classical period. I am looking for ONE SINGLE WORD to describe classical period as in general. Beautiful? Musical? Sorrow? WHAT?

One topic that came into my mind is that, is Beethoven more superior than Mozart?

I like to go with Beethoven since he was still writing after being deaf. I am still reading a bunch of stuffs online to go further on this topic.

Would you mind to chip in any thoughts in your mind?

lol no one is superior in the field of music. It's highly subjective. Without the predecessors, there can be no successors.  

One word: good

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

If I were to use a single word I'd use : complete.

Now, about the Mozart/ Beethoven issue, I think that they were on the very same "technical" level.

The fact that Beethoven was deaf doesn't mean that it was harder for him to compose... You know, a conductor (for example) doesn't need to hear a piece of music to know what it's going to sound like... There's the sheet for that. Most of high level classical instrumentalists are able to play something pretty accurately based on the sheet without having to train or hear the said piece...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back