How were your Sennheiser HD 650's brand new out of the box? Please share your experiences and solutions!
Jun 21, 2012 at 12:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

musicbuff

100+ Head-Fier
Just got my Senns Tuesday afternoon (6/19) and I've had them running through my Asus Xonar Essence One DAC ever since.  I find some of my music very nice to listen to through them and others quite disappointing.  The DAC is set to run all my music at 24/96.0 which WOWS me when I listen through my speakers.  But when I listen through the Senns some of it is quite underwhelming.  The highs are a bit bright right now.  The mids are nice.  The bass guitar (or double bass played by Alison Krauss's Union Station bass man) is tight and accurate.  It's the drums (toms, snare and kick) on some of my music that is driving me crazy.  They sound so unnatural.  When I listen to the music through my speakers the drums sound fine.  Will this disappear with "burn in" time?  I know some people hate the thought of burn in but I believe in it because I ran my DAC for more than 100 hours before it mellowed.  I listened to it when I first got it & was tempted to return it.  Instead I decided to tuck it away in a spare bedroom non-stop for several days (4 to be exact) connected to my old Sennheiser HD 570's.  Now it's turned my computer music into the best music I've ever heard.  If the HD 650's need time, can somebody please tell me HOW MUCH?  Those of you with HD 650's, did you go through this?
I need to see light at the end of the tunnel
confused.gif
!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back