How well does the 1 piece BestSkinsEver settle on the 1G Nano click wheel?
Dec 24, 2006 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mshan

1000+ Head-Fier
My dad bought a 1G Nano, but really doesn't take good care of his equipment.

I currently have a cheap Macally clear protective wrap on the Nano, but it doesn't stick too well.

Thinking about the one piece BestSkinsEver skin, but am wondering how well the one piece shield will settle and adhere to the click wheel of the 1G Nano?

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...in-%281/Detai

Dec 24, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 7
Dude, the BSE product is top notch...it like heals itself. Atleast from my experiences. What I mean is, you notice that there is a mark on the outside of your player, then a day goes by and it's gone...very cool.
Side note, this is from my experience...I can't talk about anyone elses.

Dec 24, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 7
I know the shield itself is very good.

I had a Nano before with the 3 piece BestSkinsEver and it was very nice.

My dad really doesn't take care of his equipment, so I am thinking the one piece one is better.

However, I am concerned that the one piece one may not stick to the click wheel completely and leave a bubble there.

Dec 24, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 7
i can't speak for the BSE, but my invisibleshield was also one piece (that is, 2 pieces, front and back) and this was the outcome:

12ipodnanoca6.jpg

there is a distinct white outline around the click wheel and centre button but no major bubbles trapped in there; only problem is that pressing buttons get a little tight....

Dec 25, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #5 of 7
I have used both the one piece front and the three piece front. There are advantages to both.

The one piece is easier to apply and it protects the wheel area from dirt.

The three piece is tricky to apply and it allows dirt to stick to the edges of the wheel area (not so good looking). However, it allows free movement of the clicker, so clicks are very tactile. The one piece loses on the click feeling.

Overall, BSE film is excellent. It is easier to apply than the simple adhesive type of films (non-wet). The wet film can be cleaned off if you get dust on it and you can move the film while wet to align it.

Dec 26, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #6 of 7
Word of caution, i bought something like that off ebay, slapped it on my 5g ipod, and when i had problems with it and wanted to return it the warranty was voided. I had to peel it off, and it literally separated the ipod it was on there so good, so it messed up the inner workings of it and i had to live with a screwed up ipod. People at apple told me i pried it apart.

Dec 26, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #7 of 7
The BSE skin does not stick permanently. You can remove it with care and even re-use it if you do not tear it. You need only wet it again and re-apply it. However, I recommend only removing it during the first day of application to be able to re-use it.

BTW, I removed my BSE about a month after application to replace it with the three piece version because I prefer more noticeable clicks. I had no problem with the removal damaging my Ipod Nano.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back