How to wire speakers for computer?
Nov 15, 2012 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cgg123321

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all, I'm quite inexperienced with home audio and I'm moving up from computer speakers (Klipsch Promedia 2.1). I kinda went ahead and bought most of my setup already since I got a pretty good deal.

What I have/have ordered:

1. Precision Acoustics 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers (HD4) $25 Shipped
  2. Precision Acoustics 10" 150-Watt Powered Subwoofer (HD S10) $70 Shipped
  3. Lepai TA2020A+ $22 Shipped

I hope I didn't buy anything wrong. The Lepai is probably going to take a while to arrive, and the subwoofer should come in a few days. I received the bookshelf speakers today and noticed that they have a "5 way connector" (I googled this).

How would I connect everything together? I have a feeling banana plugs are the way to go, but I don't know anything about them and I'm not sure how I would go about connecting together. 

Thanks in advance

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 5
I'd suggest wait for the parts to arrive, and take a look at their input options. Then decide whats the best way out.

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Hi all, I'm quite inexperienced with home audio and I'm moving up from computer speakers (Klipsch Promedia 2.1). I kinda went ahead and bought most of my setup already since I got a pretty good deal.
What I have/have ordered:

1. Precision Acoustics 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers (HD4) $25 Shipped
  2. Precision Acoustics 10" 150-Watt Powered Subwoofer (HD S10) $70 Shipped
  3. Lepai TA2020A+ $22 Shipped

I hope I didn't buy anything wrong. The Lepai is probably going to take a while to arrive, and the sub-woofer should come in a few days. I received the bookshelf speakers today and noticed that they have a "5 way connector" (I googled this).
How would I connect everything together? I have a feeling banana plugs are the way to go, but I don't know anything about them and I'm not sure how I would go about connecting together. 

Black to black and red to red.
Looks easy to connect, on the speakers the banana plugs are optional, good to use if you need to unplug and replug the speaker wires, like you need to move the speakers from place to place.
But as far as I've heard, audio quality is the same, banana plug or no banana plug.
So you run wires from the amplifier (Lepai) to the speaker inputs on the sub-woofer (HD S10), then run wires from the subs speaker output the to HD4 speakers.

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Black to black and red to red.
Looks easy to connect, on the speakers the banana plugs are optional, good to use if you need to unplug and replug the speaker wires, like you need to move the speakers from place to place.
But as far as I've heard, audio quality is the same, banana plug or no banana plug.
So you run wires from the amplifier (Lepai) to the speaker inputs on the sub-woofer (HD S10), then run wires from the subs speaker output the to HD4 speakers.

Perfect, Lepai -> Sub -> speakers is what I was wondering about. Thanks for the replies!

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #5 of 5
Updates with this?
I got two lepais and they work very well, considering the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back