How To Wear The Shure SE530's
Mar 1, 2009 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

GabeJacobs

New Head-Fier
I haven't gotten the Shure SE530's yet, but I saw that on the online user guide, it says the two best way to wear the Shure SE530's are like this:

43495b338f11605351b9792f1e728678.png

I am used to wearing headphones the normal way, not around the ear, just straight in. Does it really make a difference what way you wear them? Which one will produce the best performance?

Thanks,
Gabe

Mar 1, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #3 of 14
Over the ear, in front of me.
The big y-split is just not comfortable on my back.

Mar 1, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #4 of 14
wearing them any way other than over the ear is suicide. as far as what you want to do with the cable after that the sky's the limit... for the most part

Mar 1, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #6 of 14
also reduces Microphonics and also prevents them from falling apart when walking around.

not to mention most IEMs are designed to be work over the ear anyway these days..even the labelling and company logo is positioned that way

Mar 1, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #7 of 14
With 530's especially, you don't really have a choice. With other Shures, you can get away with wearing them straight downwards, but 530's are designed in a way that this is simply not possible, it'll just fall right off.

As for over the ear, I've never even thought about wearing the wires down behind my back... that'll seem too weird for me.

Mar 1, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #9 of 14
Yeah, behind the back is a cumbersome way, and I recently saw somebody in public with Shure IEMs wearing it like that...he looked pretty silly.

Mar 2, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #10 of 14
my E2c i tried wearing it downwards, got up did some walk it felt down. :p still prefer over the ear thou.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #11 of 14
As others have posted, the 530s were designed to be worn over-the-ear; wearing them like an earbud reduces fit and most likely will make them fall out easily. Since they are designed for this, you won't really notice them after you get used to wearing an IEM.

Also, wear them in front for both ease-of-use and because, as stated previously, only singers wear them behind their back.

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #12 of 14
over the ear and in the front...if im at work im using the PTH, so the mic need to clip on the front or i wouldnt be able to hear =)

I was cleaning out my car today and was wearing the cable behind my head so it wouldnt get in the way.

Mar 3, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, behind the back is a cumbersome way, and I recently saw somebody in public with Shure IEMs wearing it like that...he looked pretty silly.

I hope it wasn't me, i only wear them down the back. No one can tell I have on headphones that way.

Mar 3, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by akasan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope it wasn't me, i only wear them down the back. No one can tell I have on headphones that way.

I've only been wearing them down the back too... But this thread has got me wanting to mix it up and maybe wear them in front...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back